* Re: [9fans] v9fs release
@ 2002-11-28  6:58 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-11-28  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> yup. But our 1024-node cluster has one (1) disk. And no NFS roots or other
> bad ideas :-) So you can nuke that local disk. Can you do that for
> desktops? I think so.

how's it mounted?

* Re: [9fans] v9fs release
@ 2002-11-28  3:17 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-11-28  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> hmm, I have been avoiding talking about v9fs since it is l*nux and I don't
> want anybody on this list to hit me :-) Oh well here goes.

As a Linux user, I'm interested in your 9p port.   However, when I compare
Linux and Plan 9, the most scared thing of Linux to me is that I must
have large local disk for local Linux OS for every desktop machines.
To maintain those large amount of desktops makes me mad.

Anyway, if v9fs can replace NFS, it's nice to us, Linux users.

Kenji   -- Am I hitting you?

* Re: [9fans] v9fs release
@ 2002-11-27 22:44 Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2002-11-27 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Not to be confused with /bin/fs/v10fs nor /bin/fs/v6fs.

* [9fans] v9fs release
@ 2002-11-27 21:34 Keith Nash
From: Keith Nash @ 2002-11-27 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I happened to be looking at the v9fs site:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/v9fs/
and I noticed that Ron Minnich and Greg Watson have just uploaded a 1.0 release.

v9fs aims to implement 9P on UNIX-like systems.  Currently only Linux with the 2.4.19 kernel is supported.