* [9fans] keymaps question. would this be acceptable for you all?
@ 2003-11-12  9:12 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2003-11-12  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Since the plan is translating some runes to other ones within
the user level keyboard driver, I'd need both to

1. change the kernel driver to supply alt/altgr as regular keys before
each key they modify.

2. change the format of the keymaps to be
	rune in us kbd -> rune in desdired map.

This means that all our kbd_xx.c would become obsolete, and we'd
need to build other tables. That's the cons, the pro is that we would
start using the distributed kernel driver, as is (Of course assuming
that it's acceptable to dismantle alt processing in it).

As a side note, it'd be fairly easy to build these tables, since they're
using keys and not keycodes. IMHO this removes also the need for
dynamic maps.

Let me know, because I'm already all set and it wouldn't be worth to
make the change if it doesn't remove all alternate keyboard drivers.