* Re: [9fans] nvram etc
@ 2000-08-01 20:55 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-08-01 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yeah, I didn't plan far enough ahead to
such situations.  It was a failure of vision.
There should be a way to install off a hard
disk too.  My apologies.  If you want to
build your own, you've got all the pieces.  :)

Russ

* Re: [9fans] nvram etc
@ 2000-08-01 20:31 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-08-01 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you're talking about the install process,
the only reason it uses an nvram file is so
that there is no prompt for a user name and
password, as would be the case if we had
used a terminal kernel.  One less thing to
worry about having to explain in the
installation documents.

Once you've installed, the terminal doesn't
use the nvram at all.  I don't really understand
what the problem is.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] problems
@ 2000-08-01 19:09 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-08-01 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, ancipites

	1. My printer's paper tray doesn't hold enough sheets to
	print the manuals. It looks as though, in devlpt.c, that
	outch() doesn't check for Fpe when it finds an error. This
	was encountered when trying to print vol1.ps.

That has always annoyed me.  If you
tell me what the code should be I'll fix it.

Russ