* [9fans] Plan 9 on SRX/VSX rides again
@ 2015-05-21 21:09 Brantley Coile
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Brantley Coile @ 2015-05-21 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I’m happy to report we are back in the storage business based on Plan 9.  We acquired the rights to the SRX/VSX and HBA initiator drivers and will be selling, supporting and advancing the technology.  I had been working on a non-Plan 9 appliance platform to avoid any conflict with Coraid, but now that’s not a problem.  I’ll be integrating the new stuff I’ve been working on over the past several months into the Coraid products.  We’ll use The Brantley Coile Company to market the SRX and VSX as software, not hardware.  We’ll release the specs for buying your own SRX hardware.

The SRX and VSX code will also be open sourced.

It feels nice to have the technology back where it originated from.

Brantley
bwc@EtherDrive.com

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on SRX/VSX rides again
@ 2015-05-21 21:23 ` Joseph Stewart
From: Joseph Stewart @ 2015-05-21 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Great to hear Brantley!

@ 2015-05-21 21:48   ` Sergey Zhilkin
From: Sergey Zhilkin @ 2015-05-21 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Greate !

Well done Brantley!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on SRX/VSX rides again
@ 2015-05-22 13:11 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2015-05-22 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu May 21 14:10:47 PDT 2015, brantleycoile@me.com wrote:
> I’m happy to report we are back in the storage business based on Plan
> 9.  We acquired the rights to the SRX/VSX and HBA initiator drivers
> and will be selling, supporting and advancing the technology.  I had
> been working on a non-Plan 9 appliance platform to avoid any conflict
> with Coraid, but now that’s not a problem.  I’ll be integrating the
> new stuff I’ve been working on over the past several months into the
> Coraid products.  We’ll use The Brantley Coile Company to market the
> SRX and VSX as software, not hardware.  We’ll release the specs for
> buying your own SRX hardware.
>
> The SRX and VSX code will also be open sourced.
>
> It feels nice to have the technology back where it originated from.
>
> Brantley bwc@EtherDrive.com

excellent.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on SRX/VSX rides again
@ 2015-05-22 16:07 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2015-05-22 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Fantastic!