* [9fans] hardest hit ...
@ 2003-09-23 15:53 Laura Creighton
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Laura Creighton @ 2003-09-23 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: lac

Well, I had the misfortune to once write a python PEP.  Now I am
still getting 2 - 3 *thousand* of the things _every day_, and so
are the other PEP writers I have spoken with.  Thank you, thank
you Stephen R. van den Berg for procmail.  Never needed it more.

I say we all get together, and make a class-action suit against
Microsoft for writing operating systems that permit such nonsense.
Write this up so that after we deduct our legal costs, we send all
the money we are awarded to Amnesty International, or the Red Cross or
something.

Laura

* Re: [9fans] hardest hit ...
@ 2003-09-23 19:58 Dennis Ritchie
From: Dennis Ritchie @ 2003-09-23 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It turns out that the Lucent gateway does a
not-too-bad job of filtering at least some
viruses, and also .exe . They do forward the mail
along with a note.  So during the last go-around
I added a simple

	'pass through our email gateway' /mail/box/dmr/virus \

to my pipeto.  Works pretty well.  This is
even without the newer stuff Russ & Dave are
working on.

	Dennis

* RE: [9fans] hardest hit ...
@ 2003-09-24  9:35 Tiit Lankots