* [9fans] SOEKRIS
@ 2012-08-24 14:31 Frederic Bonfanti
From: Frederic Bonfanti @ 2012-08-24 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,
Does anybody know what is drivers status regarding latest n/w chipsets on Soekris boards?

Is VT6105M for the NET5501 now fully supported?

I am asking this because I have a bunch of them (recent boxes) but could not initialize n/w properly under Inferno Native.

So my question is this: if any is relevant, which ..../etherXXXX.c has to be ported to Inferno in order to make it happen again?

Thanks

On Monday, February 25, 2008 2:15:11 AM UTC+5:30, (unknown) wrote:

We have used at least 3 of the 4 Ethernet ports concurrently.  The
four Ethernet interfaces are 10/100Mb/s `VIA Technology VT6105M Rhine
III Management Adapters' (PCI vendor id 1106 and device id 3053).
They work fine with the current ethervt6102.c except that it doesn't
seem to initialise them perfectly correctly, and once in a while at
boot time they stop talking; power cycling the machine usually
corrects the problem.

* Re: [9fans] SOEKRIS
@ 2012-08-24 14:54 ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2012-08-24 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Does anybody know what is drivers status regarding latest n/w
> chipsets on Soekris boards?
>
> Is VT6105M for the NET5501 now fully supported?

I have a Soekris net5501 with eight VT6105M interfaces
and it works fine.

> I am asking this because I have a bunch of them (recent boxes) but
> could not initialize n/w properly under Inferno Native.

I haven't tried Inferno, but they are properly supported on Plan 9.

> So my question is this: if any is relevant, which ..../etherXXXX.c
> has to be ported to Inferno in order to make it happen again?

/sys/src/9/pc/ethervt6105m.c

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] SOEKRIS
@ 2012-08-29  9:16   ` Frederic Bonfanti
From: Frederic Bonfanti @ 2012-08-29  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

THX

After porting it to Inferno, ethervt1605m.c works as expected on net5501

Nevertheless, I have doubts that DP83816AVNG of net4501 is properly supported by Plan 9 driver; modern 9load crashes (MAP VA PA issue) at early stage whilst ported ether83815.c with Soekris support doesn't show better result.

I'll try again later on if time available [...]. Any hint, feedbak net4501 + ether83815 + recent 9load & kernel are most welcome.

+F