* [9fans] PCMCIA Ethernet
@ 2008-09-17  2:51 Brian L. Stuart
From: Brian L. Stuart @ 2008-09-17  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is anyone currently successfully using a pcmcia
ethernet card?  The last time I tried to do this,
I came to the conclusion that I would need to
sacrifice a chicken to get it to work, and I
ended up moving on to something else.  But I'm
back to trying this.  I've tried with several
versions of the 3c589 and an old linksys.  On
all these, aux/pcmcia reports the right thing,
but trying to bind #l reports no free devices.
Is there some magic incantation to make it
work.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I
put an entry in plan9.ini.  Ultimately, I want
to get a 3c575 working, but neither of the ones
I have lying around are recognized by aux/pcmcia,
so I figured it'd be better to start with something
a little more boring.

Of course, if someone has a hidden broadcom
driver lying around, that would obviate the
need for the pcmcia card...:-)

Thanks,
BLS