* [9fans] OT: EETimes: The trouble with Rover is revealed
@ 2004-02-22  7:58 9nut
From: 9nut @ 2004-02-22  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I found this interesting.  Also interesting that Wind River is not
getting more mileage out of the fact that Rover runs VxWorks.
If it was M$, we'd never be able to shut them up.

	"Part of my responsibility in the data management team is to
	keep track of the data files that are created, transmitted and
	deleted on the rover during the mission," Klemm explained.
	"We recognized early in the planning process that the flash
	file system had a limited capacity for files.  It is not just
	a limitation in the flash itself but also in the directory
	structure."

Full article:
http://www.eetimes.com/sys/news/OEG20040220S0046

P.S.