* [9fans] posting to the wiki
@ 2004-02-23 10:04 Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2004-02-23 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Does anyone else have a problem creating a new page on the Plan 9 wiki?

I've tried to add a page with additional details about setting up your
own wiki and have only gotten an error.  Both via acme and web interfaces.

Web: just returns a "Wiki Syntax (Write failed!) page .. funny as I'm not
trying to edit the wiki syntax page.

Acme: returns a bad format error.

Any hints?  (at least my own wiki works now...)

jas
---
remove the spamisham

* Re: [9fans] posting to the wiki
@ 2004-02-23 15:01 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-02-23 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

We turned off editing till we figure out how to avoid the problems
we've been having of people turning all the links into pointers
to porn pages.  None of us have time to moderate it so I think we're
going to be stuck with some form of authentication and maybe even
a list of possible editors.

Perhaps we can just use the same authentication as copying from sources,
i.e., you have to get an update account and login when editing?  It might
even be sufficient to say that your IP address has connected and authenticated
to sources in the recent past to let you edit.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2022 bytes --]

From: Jeff Sickel <jas@corpus-callosum.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] posting to the wiki
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:05:52 GMT

Has anyone else noticed problems creating pages and editing files on the wiki
lately?  I'm trying to post some docs on setting up a wiki on your own
Plan 9 install..

jas

* [9fans] posting to the wiki
@ 2004-02-23 10:05 Jeff Sickel