* [9fans] radeon 9200se
@ 2004-07-16  9:04 Michele Cunico
From: Michele Cunico @ 2004-07-16  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi! I've already write in this forum. I'm a new user of Plan 9. I've completed
installation but Plan can't recognize my Asus Radeon 9200SE. I've tried to do
what indicate at http://mapage.noos.fr/philippe.anel/plan9rxxx.html, after
complete the steps Plan said me my vga controller was not in /lib/vgadb so I've
edited the file vgadb with the vid=0x1002 and did=0x5964 (that are spec of my
radeon) in the ctlr of radeon section so Plan can use the driver.
Finally at boot Plan say me it don't know radeon ctlr.
Please help me, I would like to see a graphic interface at my boot!!!

Thanks in advice,
Mykele

* Re: [9fans] radeon 9200se
@ 2004-07-16  9:48 ` gdiaz
From: gdiaz @ 2004-07-16  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hello

can you detail the steps you followed??

- edit headers to include radeon files
- compile kernel and aux/vga and install both on their respective locations
- restart ?

that is?

gabi.

Quoting Michele Cunico <michelecunico@online.ie>:

> Hi! I've already write in this forum. I'm a new user of Plan 9. I've
> completed
> installation but Plan can't recognize my Asus Radeon 9200SE. I've tried to do
> what indicate at http://mapage.noos.fr/philippe.anel/plan9rxxx.html, after
> complete the steps Plan said me my vga controller was not in /lib/vgadb so
> I've
> edited the file vgadb with the vid=0x1002 and did=0x5964 (that are spec of my
> radeon) in the ctlr of radeon section so Plan can use the driver.
> Finally at boot Plan say me it don't know radeon ctlr.
> Please help me, I would like to see a graphic interface at my boot!!!
>
> Thanks in advice,
> Mykele

* Re: [9fans] radeon 9200se
@ 2004-07-16 11:55 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2004-07-16 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> the instruction (very poor) was on howto at
> http://mapage.noos.fr/philippe.anel/plan9rxxx.html

I bet Philippe will not be thrilled with your comments.  I don't have
the wiki URL handy, but I would suggest you visit plan9.bell-labs.com
and investigate the wiki from there.

++L

* Re: [9fans] radeon 9200se
@ 2004-07-16 10:14 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-07-16 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> maybe that I haven't compiled kernel but I don't know how to do this.

you'll have to recompile aux/vga:

    cd /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga
    mk install

and recompile the kernel (lets assume you're using 9pcf):

    cd /sys/src/9/pc
    mk 'CONF=pcf' 9pcf
    9fat:
    cp 9pcf /n/9fat

now reboot.

* Re: [9fans] radeon 9200se
@ 2004-07-16 10:14 ` gdiaz
From: gdiaz @ 2004-07-16 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hello,

to complete installation you must compile and install /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga,
to to that you only have to do:

% cd /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga
% mk install

that should compile and install the vga utillity that set up the screen

the other thing is to compile de driver in to the kernel,
you can obtaing information in the wiki webpage about compiling
kernels, i think you probably should compile the kernel as follows:

% cd /sys/src/9/pc
% acme pccpuf

include the vgareadeon +cur after the other vga drivers specifications, write
your changes and then

% mk 'CONF=pccpuf'

that sohould compile your kernel, and place it in 9pccpuf file.

then you should install it as follows:

% 9fat:
% cp /sys/src/9/pc/9pccpuf /n/9fat
% cd /n/9fat
% acme plan9.ini

read the plan9.ini man page and add your new kernel to plan9.ini,
i suggest you to make a boot menu, one option with the last kernel that works,
and other with the testing one :)

after editing plan9.ini

reboot, and enjoy plan9 :)

gabi.

Quoting Michele Cunico <michelecunico@online.ie>:

> maybe that I haven't compiled kernel but I don't know how to do this.
>
> I've copied vgaradeon.c in /sys/src/9/pc and radeon in /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga
> I've copied radeon.c radeon.h in my /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga
> I've edited data.c, mkfile, vga.h
> I've edited /lib/vgadb
> and restart
>
> the instruction (very poor) was on howto at
> http://mapage.noos.fr/philippe.anel/plan9rxxx.html

* [9fans] radeon 9200se
@ 2004-07-16 10:06 Michele Cunico
                   ` (2 more replies)