* [9fans] patch for /rc/bin/cpurc
@ 2007-07-19  8:58 Antonin
From: Antonin @ 2007-07-19  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I suggest a small change to /rc/bin/cpurc to allow different
configuration of running services on multiple cpu servers:
Insert these 4 lines:

# cpu-specific startup
if(test -d /cfg/$sysname/
service)                                          <-- inserted
  /bin/bind /cfg/$sysname/service /rc/bin/service
<-- inserted
if(test -d /cfg/$sysname/
service.auth)                                  <-- inserted
  /bin/bind /cfg/$sysname/service.auth /rc/bin/service.auth    <--
inserted
if(test -e /cfg/$sysname/cpurc)
  . /cfg/$sysname/cpurc

Antonin

* Re: [9fans] patch for /rc/bin/cpurc
@ 2007-07-19 15:28 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2007-07-19 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Is the "patch" system still working?
It's been a while since I looked.

--
- Passage Matthew 5:37:
   But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

* Re: [9fans] patch for /rc/bin/cpurc
@ 2007-07-19 17:15 ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2007-07-19 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

listen calls newns() internally, so changing the namespace by hand
doesn't affect it.  listen can be given alternate service directories
(see listen(8)) and will now ignore zero-length files in the service
directories, so binding /dev/null onto files in /bin/service (for
example) in /cfg/$sysname/namespace can be used to alter the set of
services offered.

The patch system is still working.  We're a bit behind processing the
queue but working on it.

* Re: [9fans] patch for /rc/bin/cpurc
@ 2007-07-19 19:25   ` Antonin Vecera
From: Antonin Vecera @ 2007-07-19 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 7/19/07, geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com <geoff@plan9.bell-labs.com> wrote:
> listen calls newns() internally, so changing the namespace by hand
> doesn't affect it.  listen can be given alternate service directories
> (see listen(8)) and will now ignore zero-length files in the service
> directories, so binding /dev/null onto files in /bin/service (for
> example) in /cfg/$sysname/namespace can be used to alter the set of
> services offered.

You are right.
Better way is to create file /cfg/$sysname/namespace .
I didn't know about this option.
Thanks.

Antonin