* [9fans] fossil/venti memory allocation?
@ 2005-05-23 16:35 Dave Eckhardt
From: Dave Eckhardt @ 2005-05-23 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Let's say I have a auth/fossil/venti server with
512 meg of RAM (430 meg free when everything
is running with default configurations).

Anybody want to suggest how I might allocate
that among:
* fossil block cache  (open -c xxx)
* venti block cache   (mem xxx)
* venti disk cache    (bcmem xxx)
* venti index cache   (icmem xxx)
* memory left over for cron, tftpd, etc.

Dave Eckhardt

* Re: [9fans] fossil/venti memory allocation?
@ 2005-05-23 17:47 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2005-05-23 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

there has been suggestions before (check the list and wiki).
i've found that being generous to fossil is a good thing and
make sure you have swap on for those little moments when
you, ahh, need a bit of swap.

brucee

@ 2005-05-24  3:02   ` Dave Eckhardt
From: Dave Eckhardt @ 2005-05-24  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> there has been suggestions before (check the list and wiki).

Ok, my mistake was looking for the advice using venti.conf
keywords (bcmem/mem/icmem) instead of the command-line
keywords (-B/-C/-I).  For anybody else who thinks the same
way, you want the "venti/fossil caches ratios" thread.

Dave Eckhardt