* [9fans] looking for a few plan 9 students
@ 2007-10-18  0:36 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2007-10-18  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Well, the intern application season is opening. If you are working on
Plan 9, and want to do it as an intern, in california, you can go
here:
http://education.ca.sandia.gov/internships/apply/index.html

and register. You can also look for job 58932.

US citizens are going to have an advantage here, I'm sorry about that,
but as some of you know I've hired dangerous Eastern European types
before, so don't get too discouraged if you are from more civilized
locations than California.

We can also use Linux kernel types who want to work on things like
lguest support of Plan 9, 9p virtio, and all that stuff.

Thanks

ron

* Re: [9fans] looking for a few plan 9 students
@ 2007-10-18  9:19 ` Gorka Guardiola
From: Gorka Guardiola @ 2007-10-18  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 10/18/07, ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, the intern application season is opening. If you are working on
> Plan 9, and want to do it as an intern, in california, you can go
> here:
> http://education.ca.sandia.gov/internships/apply/index.html

To register, in order to get further (if I read the web page right)
it says you *have* to be a U.S. citizen, so no way further with
the web page.

--
- curiosity sKilled the cat

* Re: [9fans] looking for a few plan 9 students
@ 2007-10-18  9:27   ` Anant Narayanan
From: Anant Narayanan @ 2007-10-18  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> To register, in order to get further (if I read the web page right)
> it says you *have* to be a U.S. citizen, so no way further with
> the web page.

Go directly to Step 2 (Register) which leads you to the Sandia
Employment Website.

--
Anant

* Re: [9fans] looking for a few plan 9 students
@ 2007-10-18 14:58   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2007-10-18 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

yes, there is a built-in bias to US citizens, but hey ... it's all
paid for by US taxpayers ...

Just bypass step 1 if you are not us citizen. It may work then.

@ 2007-10-19  2:00 ` SHRIZZA
From: SHRIZZA @ 2007-10-19  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Well, the intern application season is opening. If you are working on
> Plan 9, and want to do it as an intern, in california, you can go
> here:
> http://education.ca.sandia.gov/internships/apply/index.html
>
> and register. You can also look for job 58932.

Regarding eligibility for this internship, is experience with C and
Plan 9 assumed?

* Re: [9fans] looking for a few plan 9 students
@ 2007-10-19  4:24   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2007-10-19  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 10/18/07, SHRIZZA <shrizza@gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding eligibility for this internship, is experience with C and
> Plan 9 assumed?

C is assumed. You can't really assume Plan 9 experience. There is
plenty of Linux work to be done.

@ 2007-10-19  5:00     ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2007-10-19  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ron,

Can you take a position in some place like.. oh, Fermilab or ANL and
start doing those posts?  I just can't justify the commute time out
to California every day on tax payers dollars so I never apply.
Though comparatively, I guess I could take a pay cut and take CAD in
return and do rather well given the current trend in foreign exchange
rates.

jas