* [9fans] acme tag line question
@ 2008-02-29 17:29 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2008-02-29 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

having open acme window and resizing it, making it smaller, it may happen
that parts of tag lines disappear. It seems to me you can no more write
anything at the end of those tag lines; more precisely you may, you can move
the cursor there, but you don't see anything of what you type, you are as if
behind a corner (only after resizing the window back you can see it). Is
there any way that the tag lines would horizontally scroll? E.g. after
pressing CTRL-e you would really get to its end AND were still able to write
& read what you write? Or is it so that if the window is small it is just
small and unusable (you can't click on what you type, you can't easily Look
for things...)?

This may also easily happen when the paths mentioned in tag lines are long
enough...

Thanks for answers,
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] acme tag line question
@ 2008-02-29 17:40 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2008-02-29 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>  Is
> there any way that the tag lines would horizontally scroll?

Moving the mouse vertically while holding down button 1 (basically
selecting some text in the tag line) causes horizontal scrolling.  A
bit counter-intuitive and inadequate, but better than nothing.

++L

* Re: [9fans] acme tag line question
@ 2008-02-29 18:31   ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2008-02-29 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thanks!!

I guess I had seen the scrolling sometime by pure chance, long time ago.
Then I forgot it completely. Now I know it's possible and even know how to
achieve it...

It's really a pity that the programs are not well documented... How can one
really appreciate the work when he/she is unable to powerfully use it...

Best regards
Ruda

@ 2008-02-29 18:42     ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-02-29 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Rudolf Sykora <rudolf.sykora@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's really a pity that the programs are not well documented... How can one
> really appreciate the work when he/she is unable to powerfully use it...

submit a patch for the man page.

ron