* [9fans] drawterm problems after susupdate
@ 2023-02-20 15:23 fijal
From: fijal @ 2023-02-20 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

After sysupdate (+ mk install, new kernel) drawterm wich I used does not work anymore with message:  waiting for FS: i/o on hangup channel.
Till update worked like a charm.
Any ideas?
Thanks
fijal

PS
Drawterm on void linux, 9front on kvm.

* Re: [9fans] drawterm problems after susupdate
@ 2023-02-22 13:41 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2023-02-22 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I think it would be better to direct 9front specific questions
to the 9front mailinglist unless you understand the scope
well enougth that it might as well apply to plan9 in general.

Anyway here you go (yes, this is 9front specific answer):

This is likely due to the removal of devssl from the kernel.
The cpu (and import) porotocols have been removed from 9front
for a while now (but the binaries would still remain on your
file-system) and replaced by rcpu(1), which uses devtls.

The cpu/import programs where the only ones still using devssl.

A drawterm exist that is maintained and supports both the
previous cpu as well as the new rcpu protocols.

https://git.9front.org/plan9front/drawterm/HEAD/info.html

The new rcpu service (also handling rimport/rexport and rx)
has the following listen script: /rc/bin/service/tcp17019

#!/bin/rc
if(~ $#* 3){
        netdir=$3
        remote=$2!`{cat $3/remote}
}
fn server {
        ~ $#remote 0 || echo -n $netdir $remote >/proc/$pid/args
        rm -f /env/'fn#server'
        . <{n=`{read} && ! ~ $#n 0 && read -c $n} >[2=1]
}
exec tlssrv -a /bin/rc -c server

I fear a bit that given you where still be using cpu protocol
with an old drawterm that you probably havnt even upgraded your
authentication server to the new dp9ik key as well.

P9sk1 is still supported in 9front (factotum and authserver),
but has long been disabled in the authserver listen script by
default (passing -N to auth/authsrv).

So please make sure you have set a new key as well as have the
-N flag passed in /rc/bin/service.aith/tcp567 like:

#!/bin/rc
exec /bin/auth/authsrv -N $3

--
cinap

* Re: [9fans] drawterm problems after susupdate
@ 2023-02-22 19:06   ` fijal
From: fijal @ 2023-02-22 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks a lot. Switching to dp9ik and rcpu did the job. Stock void linux drawterm also works.
Once again - many thanks.
fijal

* Re: [9fans] drawterm problems after susupdate
@ 2023-08-06 23:00     ` dmadhatr via 9fans
From: dmadhatr via 9fans @ 2023-08-06 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans