* [9fans] 9legacy: '/boot/kfs' does not exist
@ 2023-08-22  8:16 Antonio Barrones
From: Antonio Barrones @ 2023-08-22  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have installed the last CD image of 9legacy. The installation was without problems but in the first boot after the installation was ready, without modifying anything, the boot stop because:

*usb/disk... boot: can't connect to file server:'/boot/kfs' does not exist*

Is this a problem of my computer or why the installer does not install this file server if it is necessary for the first boot? I have tried to modify the plan9.ini, the bios options and I have put the hard drive in other computers, but I have not been able to move forward from this line.

Thanks,
Antonio

* [9fans] Re: 9legacy: '/boot/kfs' does not exist
@ 2023-08-22  9:53 ` adr via 9fans
From: adr via 9fans @ 2023-08-22  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi Antonio,

I replaced boot for an rc script time ago, but if I recalled correctly, this is because
boot can't find fossil's configuration in any hard drive, so it tries to find a kfs, but
the default kernel configuration doesn't include kfs in bootdir, so it gives you that error.
Boot from the live CD and try using fossil/conf in your fossil partition to see if there is
a configuration stored or not.

Regards,
adr.

* [9fans] Re: 9legacy: '/boot/kfs' does not exist
@ 2023-08-22  9:59 ` adr via 9fans
From: adr via 9fans @ 2023-08-22  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Oh, by the way, if you are using a usb hard disk, boot will screw with partfs and
the usb disk's partitions will not be exposed. That's the main reason I replaced it.

If that's the case, take a look in the mailing list archive, Richard Miller gave some
workaround storing the config in the first sectors of the disk.

* [9fans] Re: 9legacy: '/boot/kfs' does not exist
@ 2023-08-22 18:23   ` Antonio Barrones
From: Antonio Barrones @ 2023-08-22 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans