* Red: [9fans] Adding transaction semantics to Plan9
@ 1997-09-08  6:18 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1997-09-08  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>Check out commercial middle ware "Tuxedo" by BEA software too... It is

AT&T and later Unix System Labs developed and sold a transaction processing system
called `Tuxedo' in the late 80s or early 90s.  are they by any chance related?
(mind you, USL might have done better selling dinner jackets
for all the good they did with Unix.)

* Red: [9fans] Adding transaction semantics to Plan9
@ 1997-09-08  9:30 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 1997-09-08  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Damme. I meant "it _wasn't_ exactly light on it's feet".

@ 1997-09-08  9:10 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 1997-09-08  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1997-09-07 19:58 Brandon
From: Brandon @ 1997-09-07 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, G. David Butler wrote:

> From: Mike Haertel <mike@ducky.net>
> >
> >>             To go to isolation level 4 in a distributed database
> >>you need *more*.
> >
> >That's interesting.  I've been trying to gain an understanding
> >of transaction processing.  I'm only familiar with the 2P commit
> >stuff.  Do you have any references on the sort of protocols you
> >need to get the high isolation levels in a distributing setting?
> >Especially interested in on-line stuff; I don't have easy access
> >to a university library.
>
> Well, you can look at distributed OSs like amoeba or distributed
> middleware like ISIS.  A good place for transaction info is
> the Transaction Processing Performance Council (www.tpc.org)
> of TPC-A,B,C&D fame.

Check out commercial middle ware "Tuxedo" by BEA software too... It is
distributed application management and OLTP as well I believe.  I haven't
seen it yet, but one of our architecture guys was looking at it and he
really liked it.

@ 1997-09-05  3:34 G.David
From: G.David @ 1997-09-05  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Mike Haertel <mike@ducky.net>