* [9fans] Hello!
@ 1997-10-16 10:07 Hangman37
From: Hangman37 @ 1997-10-16 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

   Have you ever wanted to contact a celebrity? Ever wanted your favorite
celebrity to send you a personalized autographed picture?  If you have, then
you will need this list.  It is a list of over 5,000 celebrity addresses.
And it is guaranteed that the celebrity you are looking for is on the list,
or you will get your money back!  You can get this complete list of over
5,000 celebrity addresses for only $10.00.  My list has been used for:

                               Autograph Collecting
                               Fund raising
                               Real estate sales
                               Security system sales
                               Fan mail/appreciation letters
                               Birthday cards
                               Get-well cards
                               Speaking invitations

   Included is a document that explains the easiest and fastest ways to get
replies from the celebrity.  A list like this cannot be found for less!
For $10, you can get this list sent to your email address the next day after
receiving your order.  For an extra $2, you can get the list mailed to your
residence on a 3.5" disk.  Here's how to order:

If you want the list emailed to you................ Total = $10.00
If you want the list sent on a 3.5" disk.......... Total = $12.00

Please include your name, address, and be sure to include your email address.

Send checks or money orders to:

Jared Thorp
2829 N. Glenoaks Blvd.
Suite 106-179
Burbank, CA  91504-2660

* Re: [9fans] Hello! :)
       [not found]   ` <20051210095917.GI332@first.in-berlin.de>
@ 2005-12-10 23:33     ` Rodolfo García
From: Rodolfo García @ 2005-12-10 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi!

I am new to the list too,

I am trying to learn p9 and working in snmpfs with Gabriel.

Ciau.

--
Rodolfo García (kix).

2005/12/10, Oliver Bandel <oliver@first.in-berlin.de>:

> On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 10:38:19AM +0100, Sascha Retzki wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 09:58:25PM +0100, Oliver Bandel wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm new to this list.
> > > Since a while I think about trying out the Plan9,
> > > and I hope I will do this during end of this year.
> > >
> > > Something I should know when I first do the installation?
> > > And afterwards?
> > >

> > Yeah, all the docs are worth reading. The wiki is a good place, for
> > example.
>
> OK, I read the FAQ yesterday, and there was written, that GUI-programming
> should be possible, but is not enforced. IS OK for me, if I can
> put together all that basic graphics-stuff in my own manner.
>
> OpenGL would be fine... :)
>

> > Also, reading the things that pop up if you boot Plan9 (from CD, or
> > after you installed and log-in as glenda) are a must.
>
> OK. Yesterday I treied the boot from a machine that is not mine
> and where I don't know, which devices are there used.
> So I tried different combinations for the boot-device/path combinations,
> as mentioned in the installation instructions and tried out some more
> combinations.
> But didn't get a result.
>
> BTW there was no boot-error message, as in the instructions was mentioned,
> but the machine didn't boot with the combinations I tried.
> I tried <tab> in the hope to get a thing like under Linux,
> when a bootloader is installed, so that I may can select one of the
> installations that will be shown. But nothing.
> So this is a flight with a blind pilot.
>
> Is there a feature which is not mentioned in the instructions but can help
> here?
> (Or would it possible to add it)?
>
> As not using my machine, I can't change settings and devices in the
> machine.
> So I should have to wait until I would have a PC that is mine (only have
> a PowerBook now, and no x86 at hand).
>
> Or is there someone who has created a CD-collection of Plan9 for
> Apple-Hardware with PowerPC chipset?
>

> > To your programming question, I don't know if you want to hear that, but
> > try Plan9-C, it simply rocks.
>
> OK, yes it's nice to hear this. :)
> So this is a motivation-push to get it running ...
>
> Ciao,
>    Oliver

* Re: [9fans] Hello! :)
@ 2005-12-10  9:38 ` Sascha Retzki
       [not found]   ` <20051210095917.GI332@first.in-berlin.de>
From: Sascha Retzki @ 2005-12-10  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2005-12-09 21:06 ` Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2005-12-09 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 09:58:25PM +0100, Oliver Bandel wrote:
[...]
> I had used Linux for many years (starting with it 1998),
[...]

Or was it 1996?

Don't know ... but used it for some yers, yes.

Ciao,
   Oliver

* [9fans] Hello! :)
@ 2005-12-09 20:58 Oliver Bandel
From: Oliver Bandel @ 2005-12-09 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I'm new to this list.
Since a while I think about trying out the Plan9,
and I hope I will do this during end of this year.

Something I should know when I first do the installation?
And afterwards?

Is someone who has written GUI-applications on plan9 on this list?
How easy or complicated is it?

Someone who has compiled Ocaml on Plan9 without problems?
Or must there be some effort to dot his (maybe Unix-module
could make some problems?)?!

For what are you using Plan9?
I would be interested if people of this list would share their
experiences.

I had used Linux for many years (starting with it 1998),
and then switched to Mac OS-X.
GUI-programming on OS-X seems to be easy (COCOA/Objective-C),
but since a long time I thought about Plan9 as a platform for
writing applications, which I can use for myself (if not
necessarily be shared with others, because Plan9 seems to me
to be not very wide spread).

So, I'm not shure what todo with it, but if it makes my daily work easier
(as do so self-written applications), then it is an option. :)

Any ideas, hints, experiences from you all are welcome for
a Plan9 pre-beginner. :)

Ciao,
   Oliver Bandel

* [9fans] Hello!