* [9fans] Plan 9 on Alpha?
@ 1999-12-22  3:13 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1999-12-22  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you for your scincere reply to my querry.

>(Don't ask about when/how much/what strings yet since we're trying
>to figure that our ourselves).

I'll never do that, because I know you have too many jobs in your hand.
It's also same to me, and probably, all the others working on Plan 9.

Kenji

* [9fans] Plan 9 on Alpha?
@ 1999-12-21  2:00 presotto
From: presotto @ 1999-12-21  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

--upas-skccdrvuuoczlhkiczvmzqxtwi

We have not done Mac ports in the past because
of the difficulty in getting enough unrestricted info about the box's
hardware to do it.  We do have a PowerPC environment (compiler, etc)
should someone else want to step forward after the next release

From: okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:28:19 +0900
Subject: Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Alpha?
Sender: owner-9fans@cse.psu.edu

> Our plan is to include what there is in any future distribution.

How about on the other machines included in the preveous distribution?
, and how about on Mac?

The latter would be important if you want to increase the number of Plan 9
users (especialy in Univ. etc), because Mac users don't like to change
their machines.  They love their Mac (most of them don't even know
what is Mac :-), but I cann't change their "personality".

Kenji

@ 1999-12-21  1:28 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1999-12-21  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-12-20 21:34 rob
From: rob @ 1999-12-20 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hogan has a port running on the Alpha. We've used it here
but not too heavily.  There are probably lots of details to tweak, but
it works.  Our plan is to include what there is in any future distribution.

-rob