* [9fans] setting up secstore
@ 2013-12-18 22:37 Deepak Chawla
From: Deepak Chawla @ 2013-12-18 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm finally getting tired of having to type passwords and am setting up
secstore on the 9atom cpuserver on a VirtualBox VM on my mac. I'm running
into some problems presumably because some of the secstore files and
directories are owned by glenda and not adm (i'm part of the adm and sys
groups)

I looked into changing the ownership of the files to adm/sys user, the stat
command on the fossil console can't seem to find the /adm/secstore
directory.

Is the directory/file permissions really getting in the way of the secstore
setup? If so, how can I fix the ownership?

% auth/secuser dchawla
new account (because /adm/secstore/dchawla accounts dchawla and FICTITIOUS
do not exist)
dchawla password:
retype password:
expires [DDMMYYYY, default = 18122014]:
Enabled or Disabled [default Enabled]:
require STA? [default no]:
comments [default = ]: Deepak Chawla
auth/secuser: can't write password file: can't open PW file for dchawla
dcmacp9% ls -l /adm
--rw-rw-r-- M 84 adm    adm   0 May  2  2002 /adm/cache
d-rwxr-xr-x M 84 glenda sys   0 Jun  9  2013 /adm/secstore
d-rwxrwxr-x M 84 adm    adm   0 Jun  9  2013 /adm/timezone
--rw-rw-r-- M 84 adm    sys 130 Aug  1 10:17 /adm/users
dcmacp9% ls -l /adm/secstore
d-rwx------ M 84 glenda sys 0 Jun  9  2013 /adm/secstore/store
d-rwxr-xr-x M 84 glenda sys 0 Jun  9  2013 /adm/secstore/who

* Re: [9fans] setting up secstore
@ 2013-12-19  5:32 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-12-19  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I'm finally getting tired of having to type passwords and am setting up
> secstore on the 9atom cpuserver on a VirtualBox VM on my mac. I'm running
> into some problems presumably because some of the secstore files and
> directories are owned by glenda and not adm (i'm part of the adm and sys
> groups)
>
> I looked into changing the ownership of the files to adm/sys user, the stat
> command on the fossil console can't seem to find the /adm/secstore
> directory.

i think it would be /active/adm/secstore on the fossil console.
alternate solution, open the file system -W.

- erik