* [9fans] P9P font server
@ 2013-12-12 11:45 lucio
From: lucio @ 2013-12-12 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I didn't pay any attention to p9p's fontsrv (sorry, Andrey!  It was
you that got that off the ground, wasn't it?) until this morning's
discussion, but it struck me as a very neat solution for a problem
that has been bugging me for a long time: avoiding the time consuming
repeated installation of Plan 9 fonts.  Specifically, p9p itself and
local instances of 9vx could be smaller and the installation (and
download, in most cases) would be quicker.

The question then becomes whether fontsrv could be "ported" to Plan 9
together with the supporting facilities (openfont(2) is my guess)?  I
certainly would be willing to give such port a try, if I can be
convinced that it is not beyond my ability.

++L