* [9fans] mounting plumber from p9p to 9vx
@ 2008-11-24  5:42 Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2008-11-24  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all

How do I mount my p9p plumber on to my 9vx session?

The background. I am using plumber as a simple dynamic loading
mechanism to extend my haskell interpreter. I wrote a few simple C
programs that read from one of plumber ports.

This is how it works
1. Haskell sends a request to calculate a very complex math via file
IO to /mnt/plumb/send
2. plumber reads the message and launches a C-code handler to the
specific problem.
3. handler will send an ACK to plumber and then proceeds to do the calculation.
4. Haskell waits on the /mnt/plumb/retval untill it gets a message.

The retval can be the result of a calculation or an error code. I want
to try moving the handler on to p9p and see if it works that way too.

fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com