* Re: [9fans] pasting pre-defined bitmap image
@ 2000-09-07 14:34 rob pike
From: rob pike @ 2000-09-07 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> In the 8½, we've used to make a rectangle by balloc(), and
> then fill the rectange by a pre-defined patterns, and then
> write it on to a window using this pre-defined rectangle
> (ie., tiling pattern etc.).
>
> allocimage() of the new release allocates the image onto
> the display.  In the present case, this is not proper, instead,
> we want just allocate the pattern in memory, and to use it
> as the cursor shape (not at the cursor position).
>
> How I can do it on the new release graphic system?

Bitmaps/Images are maintained essentially the same way in
the two releases: stored as data on the same machine as the
display.  I don't understand why you think balloc() and
allocimage() behave differently with respect to storage.

The libraries are very different, however, so you may think
it's behaving differently.  It sounds like what you're asking
for is the routine loadimage(), described in allocimage(2).
Let me know if that doesn't solve your problem.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] pasting pre-defined bitmap image
@ 2000-09-08  0:15 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-09-08  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks Rob.

>  I don't understand why you think balloc() and
>allocimage() behave differently with respect to storage.

Yes, allocimage() was right target for us.
Sorry, it was my misunderstanding.  I was somewhat disperate, and
I should not have wrote this.   The problem was caused by another
bug of ourselves.  I knew it just after I posted the previous one...

Kenji

* [9fans] pasting pre-defined bitmap image
@ 2000-09-07  7:20 okamoto