* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 vita nuova CD
@ 2000-09-15  2:06 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-09-15  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>soo... changing things in Plan 9 (like the keyboard) affects an Emu
>using those items. while nice, this isn't really suprising, is it?

Yes, Rob proposed very nice mechanism and tought deep from
the OS structure, yeah! it's called PIPE. ^_^  Additionally, emu
is probably desigened straight forward.  I don't expect this kind
of behaviour in others such as Windows or Unicies.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 vita nuova CD
@ 2000-09-15  7:41 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-09-15  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>the OS structure, yeah! it's called PIPE. ^_^  Additionally, emu
>>is probably desigened straight forward.  I don't expect this kind

a Plan 9 program that uses keyboard and mouse accesses them
through the names in the name space.  consequently, another application,
rio being a particular example, can substitute its own things for any or
all of those names (as rio does in each window).  it's thus
no surprise that ktrans works for emu as for anything else.  a foolish program
might try to use #c directly, i suppose, but then it wouldn't work under rio,
let alone under ktrans.

>>is probably desigened straight forward.  I don't expect this kind
>>of behaviour in others such as Windows or Unicies.

no, quite.  don't even think about their network interfaces.

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 vita nuova CD
@ 2000-09-14 18:20 Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2000-09-14 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

soo... changing things in Plan 9 (like the keyboard) affects an Emu
using those items. while nice, this isn't really suprising, is it? i
have a better question: anyone working on (or have) ktrans-like
functionality for Inferno itself? Emu runs on things other than Plan
9, and there's also native. how can i type Japanese (or Russian etc)
on my JavaStation?

//If you mean Plan 9's keyboard affects the Inferno's one,
//yes, exactly.  You can use Russian from host Plan 9's
//ktrans.  I'm confident you don't need Japanese. :-)

: anothy;

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 vita nuova CD
@ 2000-09-14  9:48 ` Wladimir Mutel
From: Wladimir Mutel @ 2000-09-14  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <20000914083857.744F4199E9@mail> you wrote:

> If you mean Plan 9's keyboard affects the Inferno's one,
> yes, exactly.  You can use Russian from host Plan 9's
> ktrans.  I'm confident you don't need Japanese. :-)

> I changed Plan 9's key assignment to get Shift+Space key work
> as the Kanji conversion trigger key, and no touch to Inferno.

	Yes I meant exactly that. Thank you a lot for your work, I just
	did not have a time to try it.

--
mwg@alkar.net, 399916, 340044, 7442333, 7786458 - Владимир Мутель

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 vita nuova CD
@ 2000-09-14  8:39 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-09-14  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you mean Plan 9's keyboard affects the Inferno's one,
yes, exactly.  You can use Russian from host Plan 9's
ktrans.  I'm confident you don't need Japanese. :-)

I changed Plan 9's key assignment to get Shift+Space key work
as the Kanji conversion trigger key, and no touch to Inferno.

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2056 bytes --]

From: Wladimir Mutel <mwg@alkar.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Plan 9 vita nuova CD
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:14:43 GMT

@ 2000-09-14  8:14 ` Wladimir Mutel
From: Wladimir Mutel @ 2000-09-14  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-09-14  2:00 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-09-14  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-09-13 13:13 ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2000-09-13 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

me too

lovely box

felt great reading the man pages on the toilet :-)

Matt

* [9fans] Plan 9 vita nuova CD
@ 2000-09-13 12:49 Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2000-09-13 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)