* [9fans] nVidia GeForce256 DDR works
@ 2001-04-15  9:38 Eric Dorman
From: Eric Dorman @ 2001-04-15  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Nick wrote:
> Hopefully, it should pretty much work for other NV4 based cards (TNT2,
>  etc..), and NV10 cards (Geforce, Geforce2) require a little bit more
> work at least. In the next couple of weeks I should be able to get back
> onto it, and may even try getting a Geforce2 MX to work.
> Nick

I've tried your stuff on my WinFast GeForce256 DDR (V10.19.2000) and
it worked swimmingly up to 1280x1024x8 which is plenty of dots on my
17" iiyama.  I'll try 1600x1200 on my sony 19" tomorrow (eek, later
today).

Excellent work!

--eric

* Re: [9fans] nVidia GeForce256 DDR works
@ 2001-04-17 12:36 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2001-04-17 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Eric wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > Hopefully, it should pretty much work for other NV4 based cards (TNT2,
> >  etc..), and NV10 cards (Geforce, Geforce2) require a little bit more
> > work at least. In the next couple of weeks I should be able to get back
> > onto it, and may even try getting a Geforce2 MX to work.
> > Nick
>
> I've tried your stuff on my WinFast GeForce256 DDR (V10.19.2000) and
> it worked swimmingly up to 1280x1024x8 which is plenty of dots on my
> 17" iiyama.  I'll try 1600x1200 on my sony 19" tomorrow (eek, later
> today).

On my ASUS V3400 TNT 1280x1024x8 works fine.
However, 1600x1200 seems to give the right 'picture', but the mouse
does not want to go out of the upper-left half (two-thirds?) of the
screen. I can move the mouse to the left off the 'picture'
(in the 'margin'). I did apply the changes suggested by Jim to make
the cursor behave 'properly' at the screen edges.

Axel.

* Re: [9fans] nVidia GeForce256 DDR works
@ 2001-04-19 14:54 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-04-19 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

and you do have

static void
nvidiacurload(VGAscr* scr, Cursor* curs)
{

	scr->offset = curs->offset;
	vgaxo(Crtx, 0x31, vgaxi(Crtx, 0x31) | 0x01);

	return;
}

right?

* Re: [9fans] nVidia GeForce256 DDR works
@ 2001-04-19 14:49 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-04-19 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Apr 19 03:40:24 EDT 2001, Axel.Belinfante@cs.utwente.nl wrote:
> On Wed 18 Apr 17:18:07 -0400, jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
> > On Tue Apr 17 08:37:33 EDT 2001, Axel.Belinfante@cs.utwente.nl wrote:
> > > On my ASUS V3400 TNT 1280x1024x8 works fine.
> > > However, 1600x1200 seems to give the right 'picture', but the mouse
> > > does not want to go out of the upper-left half (two-thirds?) of the
> > > screen. I can move the mouse to the left off the 'picture'
> > > (in the 'margin'). I did apply the changes suggested by Jim to make
> > > the cursor behave 'properly' at the screen edges.
> >
> > It works fine for me. Are you sure you hadn't run it at some other
> > resolution first then upped it to 1600x1200 without rebooting?
>
> I'm sure I rebooted using a 1600x1200 vgasize in the selected section
> of plan9.ini .
> In case it matters: I copied the monitor info from linux xvidtune.
> Is there any debugging output that I could provide that would help
> to diagnose this?
> (running at 1280x1024x8 is already _much_ better than not running at all,
>  so not running at 1600x1200 is not much of a problem at all,
>  apart from the curious minds who want to know why it doesn't work)
>
> Axel.

i'm totally confused by this. when the cursor is visible on the screen,
does the menu pop up underneath it or offset somewhere, i.e. is the cursor
position correct but it just won't move beyond a certain limit? can you
actually make the cursor disappear off the screen on the left or top?
just to make sure, here's the cursor move routine i have:

static int
nvidiacurmove(VGAscr* scr, Point p)
{
	ulong*	cursorpos;

	if(scr->io == 0)
		return 1;

	cursorpos = KADDR(scr->io + hwCurPos);
	*cursorpos = ((p.y+scr->offset.y)<<16)|((p.x+scr->offset.x) & 0xFFFF);

	return 0;
}

* Re: [9fans] nVidia GeForce256 DDR works
@ 2001-04-19  7:39 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2001-04-19  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-04-18 21:18 jmk