* Re: [9fans] Re: Plan9 on Sun Sparc 5 or RS6000-43P/132 ??
@ 2001-05-15 13:20 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-05-15 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

if you're working with the sparc 5, which i believe is a microsparc model,
let me know and i can provide the microsparc side of a port of the old system to the Lx/Classic
(which was microsparc-based).  you'll need to answer The Questions.

the microsparc implementations differ in various ways from the Sparc used in the ss and ss10 ports
and thus the lx/classic port might provide a more appropriate base for the sparc 5.
no doubt in practice it is the usual hybrid.

* Re: [9fans] Re: Plan9 on Sun Sparc 5 or RS6000-43P/132 ??
@ 2001-05-21  8:39 ` Zippy
From: Zippy @ 2001-05-21  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, 15 May 2001 13:36:07 GMT, forsyth@vitanuova.com wrote:

>if you're working with the sparc 5, which i believe is a microsparc model,
>let me know and i can provide the microsparc side of a port of the old system to the Lx/Classic
>(which was microsparc-based).  you'll need to answer The Questions.
>
>the microsparc implementations differ in various ways from the Sparc used in the ss and ss10 ports
>and thus the lx/classic port might provide a more appropriate base for the sparc 5.
>no doubt in practice it is the usual hybrid.

"The Questions", meaning the export questions ??  I am in the US, and
will not export the source or binaries (or anything else, as I have no
place to put it but on my hard disk here in the center of the country)

Sparc5 is uniprocessor like the LX/Classic, so it might work.
Specifically, the hardware I have for this is:

(2) Sparc5's, one 70 MHZ and one 85 MHz (they're exactly the same
except for clock speed, with the TGX framebuffer.  Is that framebuffer
supported .. ?  Of would I use a PC for a terminal ??

I also have an RS/6000 43P/132 PowerPC machine.  It looks like it's
probably not anywhere near supported, though...

--Duane

* [9fans] Re: Plan9 on Sun Sparc 5 or RS6000-43P/132 ??
@ 2001-05-21  8:38   ` Zippy
From: Zippy @ 2001-05-21  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ok, my interest is piqued.  I'll play with it :)

Thanks for the info.

--Duane

@ 2001-05-15 12:29 ` Alexander Povolotsky
From: Alexander Povolotsky @ 2001-05-15 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)