* Re: Re[2]: [9fans] sam vs acme
@ 2001-07-19 15:24 rob pike
From: rob pike @ 2001-07-19 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I only wish the Windows version understood sam -r...

We have a version that does.  Watch this space; we'll see if we
can package it up for dissemination.

-rob

* Re: Re[2]: [9fans] sam vs acme
@ 2001-07-19 22:21   ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-07-19 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is it because of a lack of rsh?

yes, it is.  i'd code it for a copy of the windows sam
source and the right price.

* Re: Re[2]: [9fans] sam vs acme
@ 2001-07-19 22:09 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-07-19 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I only wish the Windows version understood sam -r...

it's not hard to do.  i wrote rsh/rcmd/... and all that
crap for '95 years ago.  i don't have the code 'cos it
belongs to the client.  thing is, you need a thread for
stdin, cos winsock won't let you select on a anything but
a socket.

bit like sys Vr3.

* Re: Re[2]: [9fans] sam vs acme
@ 2001-07-19 15:00 ` James A. Robinson
From: James A. Robinson @ 2001-07-19 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I only wish the Windows version understood sam -r...

Is it because of a lack of rsh?  Because one of the things I do
with sam is tweak it to use ssh instead. I imagine the same could
be done easily enough with the windows version.

There isn't anything about the underlying structure of sam -r that
would fail under windows right?  From what I remember of the book
Rob co-authored (Practice of Programming) they talk a lot about how
to get around things like endian problems.

Jim

* Re[2]: [9fans] sam vs acme
@ 2001-07-19 14:56 ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2001-07-19 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Cross

DC> In article <20010719061912.6DB8B199E8@mail.cse.psu.edu> you write:
>>i noticed in the Shrek credits that sys admins appear to have replaced
>>key grip and best boy.  there were quite a few sys admins.

DC> You know, I never have been able to figure out what a `key grip' or a
DC> `best boy' *is*.  Perhaps non-computer people can't figure out what a
DC> sys admin is.  Sometimes I wonder myself.

key grip : person who secure's & moves the camera on and with the dolly,
cherry picker or the jib.

best boy : electricians assistant

:)

* Re[2]: [9fans] sam vs acme
@ 2001-07-19 11:39 steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2001-07-19 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Major sam fan :-)

I assume people know about the old sam-fans mail list & archive ?

    ftp://ftp.sys.toronto.ca/pub/sam/sam-fans-list

I only wish the Windows version understood sam -r...

-Steve

The contents of this communication are confidential to the normal user of
the email address to which it was sent.  If you have received this email
in error, any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.  If this is the case, please notify the sender
and delete this message.