* Re: [9fans] How to use POP3 as Part of upas/fs
@ 2001-08-30 19:16 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-08-30 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

try upas/fs -f '/pop/mysmtpserver/first last'
(not /pop3/.  it changed to be consistent
with /apop/ not /apop3/.)

* [9fans] How to use POP3 as Part of upas/fs
@ 2001-08-30 14:58 ` Mark Otto
From: Mark Otto @ 2001-08-30 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have been using Russ's pop3fs to get my mail but am having trouble
setting it up now that it is part of upas/fs.  In particular, how does
it handle a POP3 user name that is different from my plan9 name
and how do I specify my POP3 password, mail collection rate and not
to use an APOP password.

I updated my plan9 distribution to the current June 5 partial update.
I have a standalone plan9 terminal.
I saw that pop3fs was part of upas/fs now.  I followed the instructions
on the Mail Configuration page, starting it using:

upas/fs -f '/pop3/MySMTPServer/First Last'

I got the following error:

upas/fs: opening mailbox: file does not exist

I think this may happen at /sys/src/cmd/upas/fs/fs.c:221 and may be
because my mailbox is /mail/box/Plan9UserName not
'/mail/box/First Last'.  The Fish and Wildlife Service determines
the account names, and they use names with spaces in them.  (Problems
living within a Windows network with a Lotus Bloat mail
server)  To account for the different user names, I tried

upas/fs -m/mail/box/Plan9UserName -f '/pop3/MySMTPServer/First Last'

with the same result.

I am a little confused why fs can't find the mailbox file because
the program looks like it makes a directory or mbox if either do not
exist.

Has anyone else set up the pop3 part of upas/fs and is using POP3?

Thanks.
Mark