* [9fans] moscow ml
@ 2001-12-06  7:51 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-12-06  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

more on the random language front.

http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~rsc/mosml.9gz

contains an update (long-awaited, i'm sure)
to mosml that fixes some problems in the bootstrap
process and finally gets the online help and the
compiler working.

g% cat hello.sml
val _ = print "hello world\n";
g% mosmlc hello.sml
g% ./a.out
hello world
g%

russ

* Re: [9fans] moscow ml
@ 2001-12-07  7:09 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-12-07  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

How do you think what kind of work this language profits us?
Sorry, I'm one of most idiot.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] moscow ml
@ 2001-12-06 17:48 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-12-06 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

okay, i'm an idiot.  sorry.

cd /sys/src/cmd/mosml
mk install

should fix everything.  as forsyth
correctly guessed, the binaries are
for the wrong version of plan 9.

russ

* Re: [9fans] moscow ml
@ 2001-12-06 16:14 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-12-06 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i suspect it's one of the new system calls, or rather, the new version
of an old call (stat).

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2178 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] moscow ml
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:54:27 -0500

thanks, russ, but as you can see, my results are somewhat different:

% cat hello.sml
val _ = print "hello world\n";
% mosmlc hello.sml
camlrunm 11329: bad sys call number 42 pc 18d1a
camlrunm 11329: suicide: sys: bad sys call pc=0x00018d1a
%

i havn't installed the Dec4 or Nov22 updates yet; are they required?
seems unlikely, given the description on the web pages. mk'ing from
scratch doesn't work, either, since the camlrunm and mosmlyac
binaries fail for similar syscall reasons, and the mkfiles don't know
how to rebuild them.

i've not attached a debugger, but my sys.h dosn't have a syscall #42
(if i'm reading that error right).

while we're on the question of what updates are required for what,
i'd like to say i _really_ like the inclusin of a list of changes, as found
with the Apr25-Jun5 packages. can we get more of that?

* Re: [9fans] moscow ml
@ 2001-12-06 15:54 anothy