* Re: [9fans] libXg/test.c
@ 2001-12-07 22:18 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-12-07 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Part of the effort that David mentioned is that I hope
to have color Sam and Acme running from their own
sources before long.  The lack of file system, of
course, will prevent using programs like win or Mail,
but just having the editing and execution capabilities
of Acme will be very nice.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] libXg/test.c
@ 2001-12-11 16:51   ` Leo Caves
From: Leo Caves @ 2001-12-11 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

David Gordon Hogan wrote:

> I started unifying all the various ``Plan 9 on Unix & Nt'' thingies
> a while ago, but I got bogged down trying to make a better
> Inferno, which nobody (here at least) really wanted.

David, care to elaborate on how you were trying to better inferno?
Leo

* Re: [9fans] libXg/test.c
@ 2001-12-10 10:01     ` Maarit Maliniemi
From: Maarit Maliniemi @ 2001-12-10 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <20011207200957.4622.qmail@f.bio.cse.psu.edu>,
9fans@cse.psu.edu wrote:

>  Sign me up for the cleanup project.

Since Mark is very busy with other things I am sure that interested
parties can just ask for 9libs. Provided that one wants to use auto-tools,
ofcourse.
Sam-9libs is always avaliable for anybody that wants to do something in C.
After beeing allowed back into heaven (HLL coding) I have great
difficulties persuading myself to start activly maintaing it again.

bengt

* Re: [9fans] libXg/test.c
@ 2001-12-07 20:28     ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-12-07 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> What he said.  Sign me up for the cleanup project.

Please try and factor in being able to turn off UTF
to make latin-1 on unix bearable.  It's probably a
compile time thing, unless you live in 'mixed' universe.

In a 'mixed' universe it's probably pretty tricky to
do in any simple, general way.

Thanks.

* Re: [9fans] libXg/test.c
@ 2001-12-07 20:09   ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2001-12-07 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-12-07 20:08   ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-12-07 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> There shouldn't be all these different versions of sam and the supporting libraries.

Right!

* Re: [9fans] libXg/test.c
@ 2001-12-07 19:41 ` David Gordon Hogan
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: David Gordon Hogan @ 2001-12-07 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I started unifying all the various ``Plan 9 on Unix & Nt'' thingies
a while ago, but I got bogged down trying to make a better
Inferno, which nobody (here at least) really wanted.

I've shelved the Inferno effort.  Russ has been helping with
drawterm, on and off.  I might spend some time over the
weekend tidying up the remainder of "9pm".  There shouldn't
be all these different versions of sam and the supporting libraries.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1698 bytes --]

From: Boyd Roberts <boyd@strakt.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] libXg/test.c
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 20:15:39 +0100

> The "9libs" version of libXg doesn't appear
> to have this problem.

My version came from:

    http://netlib.bell-labs.com/netlib/research/sam.shar.gz

* Re: [9fans] libXg/test.c
@ 2001-12-07 19:15 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-12-07 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-12-07 19:12 David Gordon Hogan
From: David Gordon Hogan @ 2001-12-07 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The "9libs" version of libXg doesn't appear
to have this problem.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1836 bytes --]

From: Boyd Roberts <boyd@strakt.com>
To: "9fans@cse.psu.edu" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] libXg/test.c
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 12:59:29 +0100

Here's a trivial patch to libXg/test.c which I've been meaning to
send in (or I've sent in).  I'm not sure bobf is still the
maintainer, so it goes to the list.

btw: libXg/test.c has problems with deep colour maps, but I don't
     really care about colour that much.

% diff -e libXg/OLDtest.c libXg/test.c
1a
#include <u.h>