* Re: [9fans] an interesting image
@ 2001-12-20  1:49 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-12-20  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yes, that's right.  I'm sorry.

When I posted the first mail, I could not receive that copy from the mailing-list
for a long time.   It may be attributed to cracking by someone to our Univ's
mail server, of course not to ours.  :-)

So let me try once more again here.

I placed two interesting (to whom???) images showing our developping
'planv' software which has an acme-like user interface to deal with images.

The one (http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/Tyrrhena.gif) shows
two images, the left of which is a Viking image of Tyrrhena volcano on
Mars, and the right indicates altitude distribution of that area built from
MOLA data by Mars Global Surveyor.   The brighter is higher.   The color
is somewhat different from our real ones, probably changed through
converting from image(6) format to gif format.   Please note it has two
windows with vertical boundary like acme, and has a menu bar somewhat
different from that of acme.

The menu bars look like such on other GUI software, howerver, it has
different user interface.   The items on the bar show one of selectable
items, and do it by pressing middle button imediately.   The third button
on each menu browses the content of that category menu.  The left button
points to some help menu by showing the name of that category.

Another (http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/Tyrrhena2.gif) shows
more of the details of user interface.   The left two images are same to
the above.

The upper right image shows our file browser interface, the left hand side
for directory, and right hand side for files of the selected directory.  The
yellow line under those two window shows input field for keyboard.
You can change directory directly by using that line from keyboard.
The lower right image indicates how we can choose the interesting area
on MOLA data using mouse.

We can move each window left-to-right or up-to-down by holding the
top-left corner box as same as acme does.

We are still working on this programs, and if you have any suggestion
please let us know it.   We will make this public when we are ready in
a near future.   Yoshitatsu has time limit to accomplish this ^_^, so it may
not take so long time, I believe.

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1921 bytes --]

From: Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.demon.co.uk>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] an interesting image
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:04:55 GMT

> http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/Tyrrlera.gif

http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/Tyrrhena.gif ?

Ralph.

* Re: [9fans] an interesting image
@ 2001-12-19 14:04 ` Ralph Corderoy
From: Ralph Corderoy @ 2001-12-19 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-12-19  5:50 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-12-19  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

One more image which shows how the user interface of planv is
designed (http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/Tyrrhena2.gif).

The upper and lower left-hand side images are those shown in the
previous gif image.   Two right-hand side images show how we can
browse files under a directory (upper) and how we can set the view
area of MOLA data (lower).

The yellow area around the munu bar show alternative selection
of manu for that category, which I imaged as a directory.

Have a fan

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1978 bytes --]

From: okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:37:24 +0900

>web site (http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/Tyrrlera.gif).

Sorry, this is not correct, which should be

@ 2001-12-19  4:37 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-12-19  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>web site (http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/Tyrrlera.gif).

Sorry, this is not correct, which should be
http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/Tyrrhena.gif

* [9fans] an interesting image
@ 2001-12-19  3:03 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-12-19  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I placed an interesting (to whom? :-)) Mars volcano image to our Plan 9
web site (http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/Tyrrlera.gif).

The image of left-hand side shows a Viking image of Tyrrlera volcano,
and the right-hand side does its MOLA's altitude data where lighter
is higher.   Of couse it shows our on-going image 'editor' program
called planv for Plan 9.  :-)

have a fan!

Kenji

PS.  Viking: a NASA Mars probe about 30 years ago.
        MOLA: NASA's new Mars Global Surveyer's altitude measuring