* Re: [9fans] rtl8139 troubles and 2 questions
@ 2002-07-05  2:23 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-07-05  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I must say something here.

I reported a problem of rtl8139 and Realtek 8100BL chip for
release 3 Plan 9.   However, it was proved that I used older version
of ether8139.c driver, and am now using its most recent driver and
has no problem.   I'm now using AOpen's mother, AX4B Pro-533 with
onboard Realtex 8100BL LAN chip (8139 actually) and Pen 4 1.6GHz
for our Auth/CPU server.  I have no problem so far.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] rtl8139 troubles and 2 questions
@ 2002-07-04 19:41 ` FJ Ballesteros
From: FJ Ballesteros @ 2002-07-04 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You can change the keymap but not in the distributed keyboard
driver. After you install your system, you can extract an alternate
keyboard driver (including manual pages) from
http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/export/kbd.tgz (I think it's kbd.tgz, but
there's a link at http://plan9.escet.urjc.es in case it's not).

Look at the extracted plan9.ini(8) to see how to select your default
kbd map.

If you have problems, let me know and I'll try to help.

* Re: [9fans] rtl8139 troubles and 2 questions
@ 2002-07-04 17:43 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-07-04 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

ether8139 possibly (probably) isn't configured in /sys/src/9/pc/^(pc pcdisk).

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2857 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] rtl8139 troubles and 2 questions
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 16:15:28 GMT

hi.

i'm trying to set up plan 9 on my computer, however i can't seem to get
ethernet running.  first i tried using an rtl8029 pci card, but it wouldn't
show up at all, then i exchanged it for an rtl8139 card which at least shows
up (with ether0=type=rtl8139), but i can't seem to get it working.

9load seems to probe it, and when i boot i get a line saying:
"ether#0: rtl8139: port 0xE400 irq 11: 00C12602EA37"

however, once rio starts up, if i cat /dev/*alloc it's not there,
and i've got no entries in /net.  bind -b '#l0' /net tells me:
"no free devices"

i have disabled everything that's not needed in the bios (usb, parallel
port, serial ports, etc.) and the network card has got its own irq (ie.
not shared with anything else.)

if anybody has any ideas on how to fix this, i would be very grateful
to hear them!

a different question: is it possible to change the keymap? if so,
how do i do it?

and one more: if i run "mk && mk install" in /sys/src/boot/pc and then
copy 9load to /n/9fat to replace my current one, it never wants to boot.
i just get "PBS..." and then it hangs, even after things like only
adding a print().  i suppose there's something i have to do that i'm
missing... if anybody could help me out with this also, i'd be very grateful.

* [9fans] rtl8139 troubles and 2 questions
@ 2002-07-04 16:15 Martin Faxer