* [9fans] install terminal
       [not found] <20020813055402.18697.40853.Mailman@psuvax1.cse.psu.edu>
@ 2002-08-13 16:57 ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2002-08-13 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks for the help. Most of that was my poor typing.
Either way. I corrected auth=auth and netmask and I
still get the same error when I try to connect a
terminal.

Hello!

                I have managed to build the file
server via wiki's
                instruction. My CPU/auth is now
diskless and can
                connect to FS under user bootes. I can
also execute
                auth/changeuser and add user william
to system. I'm
                having trouble logging in as william
via term. I
                didn't think it was complicated. I
thought all you
                need is to add another entry to
/lib/ndb/local and
                compile a kernel for the term
bootdisk. Here
                /lib/ndb/local::

                database=
                        file=/lib/ndb/local
                        file=/lib/ndb/common

                ipnet=myipnet ip=10.56.32.0
ipmask=255.255.240.0
                        ipgw=10.56.32.1
                        dns=192.204.133.102
                        auth=auth
                        proto=il

                ip=10.56.35.118 ether=00c04f182de5
sys=auth
                        bootf=/386/9pcauth
                ip=10.56.35.117 ether=006008c78c0c
sys=fs
                        bootf=/386/9pcfs
                        proto=il
                ip=10.56.35.115 ether=009027626acc
sys=term
                        bootf=/386/9pc
                        proto=il

                I'm static and the machines seem to be
talking fine.

                Here is the error of the term machine
that I'm using
                to connect via bootdisk.

                authentication failed (auth_proxy rpc
write
                ::connection rejected), trying mount
anyways
                boot: /: attach -- unknown user or
failed
                authentication

                Then the system just cycles through
and reboots...

                The plan9.ini on the term bootdisk
is::

                bootfile=fd0!dos!9pc.gz
                bootargs=il -g 10.56.32.1 ether
/net/ether0
                10.56.35.115 255.255.240.0 0
10.56.35.117 10.56.35.118

                The FS see's that the terminal
10.56.35.115 is trying
                to connect and reads.
                fs: il: allocating
il!10.56.35.115!24958
                hangup! connectio timed out-3
24958/10.56.35.115.17008

                the hangup occurs after term cycles
through and
                reboots...

                Please let me know if I'm missing
something.
                Thanks
                William Gunnells-

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

* Re: [9fans] install terminal
@ 2002-08-14  6:56 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-08-14  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I may have once experienced it...
Did you make password for bootes?
I'm just back from vacation, and my brain may be... :-)

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1841 bytes --]

From: Charles Forsyth <forsyth@caldo.demon.co.uk>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] install terminal
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 05:56:35 +0100

flag attach and flag authdebug typed on the file server console
might give a little more information about the reason it objected.
`might' is the key word there, because the
messages do not separate all cases.

* Re: [9fans] install terminal
@ 2002-08-14  4:56 Charles Forsyth