* Re:  [9fans] Y.A.L(aptop).P(roblem)
@ 2004-01-08 15:07 Richard C Bilson
From: Richard C Bilson @ 2004-01-08 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> 1.- The Realtek 8139/810X is not recognized. I tried other drivers
> with no success.

It could be that support for the 8139 is not compiled into your
kernel.  When I did my last install (about 9 mo. ago now, though), the
default kernel that gets installed did not have 8139 support.

* [9fans] Y.A.L(aptop).P(roblem)
@ 2004-01-08 10:01 V. Jordan
From: V. Jordan @ 2004-01-08 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I'm suffering a Plan9 installation on a Medion laptop (one of those sold
buy Aldi, a german retail store).  Two problems:

1.- The Realtek 8139/810X is not recognized. I tried other drivers
with no success.
2.- The installation screen comes all right at 1024x768x32 with NVIDIA
but I can see two mouse pointers close one another in the usual
position, left upper margin. I tried playing with plan9.ini parameters,
ioexclude etc. but I can't isolate PS/2 from serial COM1 and
touchpad. The joke is I can move the mouse, a three-button Logitech
connected at PS/2 or COM1 (and also the touchpad), and the three buttons
work !!, only I can't see the cursor moving. It (they) remain at the
initial up left position. I reviewed the code at /sys/src/libdraw,
/sys/src/cmd/aux/mouse.c  and went through man mouse, man graphics and
the archives but got no ideas.

Any suggestion would be welcomed. I hate thinking the laptop will remain
with XP

Vincent Jordan