* Re: [9fans] closing the wiki to non-9 hosted changes
@ 2004-03-17 23:52 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-03-17 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I may have misunderstood some email a few days back saying that the wiki now
> demanded a plan9 path to change its contents.
>
> Its kind of hard to make the list of non-supported hardware up to
> date if you can't run the tool to say you can't run the tool...
>
> -george

i think it's justified as a (temporary?) solution to all the crap
everybody suddenly decides to tell the world the second they find a
world-writable wiki.

of all the pages that were created in the wiki (see the what's new
page) only about 20% were plan9 related.  watching for them and
deleting them would be a task as hard as moderating 9fans :)

i spent a good hour today removing all the '3y3 0wnz0rz j00' text from
all pages that had nothing to do with plan9 (i have no permission to
delete them, so i simply replaced the offending text with links to the
plan9 homepage)...  it wasn't pretty, must say :)

if you want something added to the wiki send the text to someone
running plan9.  you can even send it to me if you like -- adding it to
the wiki will take considerably less time than removing extraneous
pages had it been left open.

andrey

* [9fans] closing the wiki to non-9 hosted changes
@ 2004-03-17 23:13 George Michaelson
                   ` (2 more replies)