* [9fans] plumbing safari
@ 2004-06-21 22:20 Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2004-06-21 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

If you're using OS X on a mac and you'd like plumbing to work with
safari, here's the magic script to get safari to open a window from
the command line.  Call it something like 'plumbhtml' and you can use
it in the usual web plumbing rules:

osascript > /dev/null << EOF
tell application "Safari"
activate
make new document at end of documents
set the URL of the front document to "$1"
end tell
EOF

I am not the discoverer of this incantation, I just thought it was worth
passing on.

-rob