* Re: [9fans] smaller Plan9 dist
@ 2004-07-24 23:22 Ben Huntsman
From: Ben Huntsman @ 2004-07-24 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Use Inferno... that's what it's for.  Plan 9 is for desktop/server computing.  The IDE drive will give you better preformance, and you can get them far larger than 512MB... ;)

-Ben

>>> Matthias Teege<matthias@mteege.de> 7/24/2004 4:00:27 AM >>>
Moin,

I try do install Plan9 from the iso Image on a 250 MB
CF Card but it looks like that the card is to small
for the standard Plan9 setup. I try to build a standalone
cpu/auth server without a disk but now I need a 512 MB
CF Card. A 512 MB Card costs 80,--EUR which is the same
as a 120 GB IDE drive. Is there any way to shrink Plan9
to 250 MB or should I bye two big disks and build a
cpu/auth/filserver. ;-)

Many thanks
Matthias

* [9fans] smaller Plan9 dist