* [9fans]   vs libhtml
@ 2005-09-06  1:45 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2005-09-06  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

for this html file:

the   was left intact in the output. i believe that
this is the fix:

; rcsdiff lex.c
RCS file: RCS/lex.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.1 lex.c
400c400
< #define NCHARTAB (sizeof(chartab)/sizeof(chartab[0]))
---
> #define NCHARTAB (sizeof(_chartab)/sizeof(_chartab[0]))

at compile time sizeof(chartab)/sizeof(chartab[0]) is zero
cause it's generated at runtime.

erik

* [9fans] driver list
@ 2005-09-06  8:00 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2005-09-06  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i reiterate with more detail:

is there a page somewhere--the wiki seems best because people can
just add to it directly--that lists hardware that someone has got or
might like to use, where there are specs for the hardware but no Plan 9 drivers as yet.
if not, such a list might be useful, especially for driver writers who find themselves
with a long night or a rainy afternoon with nothing to do.
it would be helpful to include a reference to the spec(s).  associated
offers of cards might also be useful, particularly where the hardware is obscure.

if the specs are not available for something one could note that driver source
for Linux or BSD exists.  if it's not in the kernel tree for that system, an http or ftp
reference to the site that contains it would be helpful.

this might at worst produce nothing, but more likely it would produce
one or two drivers for easy-to-drive devices,
which would surely be better than nothing.   i can even think of a few cases where
drivers might already exist and merely need to be resurrected from an
earlier edition or transferred from Inferno.

* Re: [9fans] driver list
@ 2005-09-06 11:12   ` Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-09-06 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Charles, 9fans

let me start

Sound card
C-Media CMI8x38 PCI
One of the worst sound card (by quality) which I seen (too many noise
while recording)
Have 4, 6-ch version and SPDIF interface
Used as embedded sound (cmi8338) in some mainboard

Reference:
* http://cmedia.com.tw/
* http://mike.qnx.org.ru/cmi/index_e.htm  - driver for qnx
* ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/manuals/cmi/ - docs, ALSA driver

As I see c-media (cmedia.com.tw) reduce (remove registers map
description) current specification (ver 1.5) to ~20 pages
when ver. 06 (can be found in alsa ftp server) contain 44 pages...

I already tryed write driver for it but nothing work (except looking for device)
I have cmi8738/PCI-SX 4-ch, through few month I can help with testing.

Sergey
--
http://rs-rlab.narod.ru                            mailto:rs_rlab@mail.ru

* Re: [9fans] driver list
@ 2005-09-06 12:33       ` Mechiel Lukkien
From: Mechiel Lukkien @ 2005-09-06 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 04:06:41PM +0200, Gabriel IVANES wrote:
> Sergey Reva wrote:
>
> >Hello Charles, 9fans
> >
> >let me start
> >
> >Sound card
> >C-Media CMI8x38 PCI
> >One of the worst sound card (by quality) which I seen (too many noise
> >while recording)
> >Have 4, 6-ch version and SPDIF interface
> >Used as embedded sound (cmi8338) in some mainboard
> >
> >Reference:
> >* http://cmedia.com.tw/
> >* http://mike.qnx.org.ru/cmi/index_e.htm  - driver for qnx
> >* ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/manuals/cmi/ - docs, ALSA driver
> >
> >As I see c-media (cmedia.com.tw) reduce (remove registers map
> >description) current specification (ver 1.5) to ~20 pages
> >when ver. 06 (can be found in alsa ftp server) contain 44 pages...
> >
> >I already tryed write driver for it but nothing work (except looking for
> >device)
> >I have cmi8738/PCI-SX 4-ch, through few month I can help with testing.
> >
> >Sergey
> >

> Hi 9fans,
>
> I've got a C-media CMI8738 MCI..
>
> guess i'll have to try writing a driver too :/
> or adding a sb16 compatible card

i (used to) have a card like this too.  the chipsets were(/are) in
the cheapest sound cards i could buy at the local stores.  i tried
to write a driver for it, but that stalled and was abandoned.  i
did find the specs, but could not entirely interpret them (also not
after i had read some code from BSD's).

i guess a driver for this would give at quite a few people a chance
to play/record audio on plan9.

mechiel

* Re: [9fans] driver list
@ 2005-09-06 14:06     ` Gabriel IVANES
From: Gabriel IVANES @ 2005-09-06 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Reva, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Sergey Reva wrote:

>Hello Charles, 9fans
>
>let me start
>
>Sound card
>C-Media CMI8x38 PCI
>One of the worst sound card (by quality) which I seen (too many noise
>while recording)
>Have 4, 6-ch version and SPDIF interface
>Used as embedded sound (cmi8338) in some mainboard
>
>Reference:
>* http://cmedia.com.tw/
>* http://mike.qnx.org.ru/cmi/index_e.htm  - driver for qnx
>* ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/manuals/cmi/ - docs, ALSA driver
>
>As I see c-media (cmedia.com.tw) reduce (remove registers map
>description) current specification (ver 1.5) to ~20 pages
>when ver. 06 (can be found in alsa ftp server) contain 44 pages...
>
>I already tryed write driver for it but nothing work (except looking for device)
>I have cmi8738/PCI-SX 4-ch, through few month I can help with testing.
>
>Sergey

Hi 9fans,

I've got a C-media CMI8738 MCI..

guess i'll have to try writing a driver too :/
or adding a sb16 compatible card

Regards,

* Re: [9fans] driver list
@ 2005-09-08 12:12 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2005-09-08 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i suggest people add entries to the TODO list in the wiki,
in the HARDWARE DRIVERS WANTED subsection or perhaps the
WISH LIST.

* Re: [9fans] driver list
@ 2005-09-06 12:53 Fco. J. Ballesteros
From: Fco. J. Ballesteros @ 2005-09-06 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

We could organize a bit and arrange for, say,
cheap, medium, expensive hw configurations for desktop and laptop.

So that with only a handful of drivers we could survive.
The hard work would be determining the hw to `prefer' so that
we all could buy it when we want to acquire a new machine.