* [9fans] CODE AS THOU WILT summer sponsored by the Loonie Revolution
@ 2013-05-02  2:46 mycroftiv 9gridchan
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: mycroftiv 9gridchan @ 2013-05-02  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The Loonie Revolution is proud to announce and sponsor:

CODE AS THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW summer

What are the rules?

NONE. From May 1 to Aug 30.

What is going to happen?

Some people (maybe you) are going to write some original Plan 9 code
that does something at least slightly interesting and new.  Then the
Loonie Revolution will send you $99 via PayPal.

That's not much money for coding, is it?

Nope.  Think of it as a tip of gratitude, not as an hourly wage for
your efforts.

Can I just write Hello World and get money for it?

Nope, not unless it said hello to a different world via the tachyon
telephone device.  There is no minimum specification, but the software
has to do something new for Plan 9, not just solve an Euler problem or
something.

"Loonie Revolution" - is this just a troll?

Nope.  The new lunar-powered revolution of peace and love to bring the
fantasy of a better world into our shared reality has been declared.
The fiction binds are forming and the harmonic time resonance is
vibrating in helical patterns.

Ben Kidwell
Loonie

* Re: [9fans] CODE AS THOU WILT summer sponsored by the Loonie Revolution
@ 2013-05-02  2:55 ` erik quanstrom
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-05-02  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> that does something at least slightly interesting and new.  Then the
> Loonie Revolution will send you $99 via PayPal.
>
> That's not much money for coding, is it?

that's not much money for dealing with paypal.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] CODE AS THOU WILT summer sponsored by the Loonie Revolution
@ 2013-05-02  3:08 ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2013-05-02  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 2013-05-01, at 7:46 PM, mycroftiv 9gridchan wrote:

> The fiction binds are forming

Indeed :-)

* Re: [9fans] CODE AS THOU WILT summer sponsored by the Loonie Revolution
@ 2013-05-02  3:30 ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2013-05-02  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I feel like you're taking rips off the wrong bong tonight. Amazon payments are way better.

@ 2013-05-02  9:21   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2013-05-02  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

mveety, are you mentally ill? i only take bitcoin and human sacrifices.

On 5/2/13, Matthew Veety <mveety@gmail.com> wrote:
> I feel like you're taking rips off the wrong bong tonight. Amazon payments
> are way better.
>
> On May 1, 2013, at 22:46, mycroftiv 9gridchan
> <mycroftiv@sphericalharmony.com> wrote:
>
>> The Loonie Revolution is proud to announce and sponsor:
>>
>> CODE AS THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW summer
>>
>> What are the rules?
>>
>> NONE. From May 1 to Aug 30.
>>
>> What is going to happen?
>>
>> Some people (maybe you) are going to write some original Plan 9 code
>> that does something at least slightly interesting and new.  Then the
>> Loonie Revolution will send you $99 via PayPal.
>>
>> That's not much money for coding, is it?
>>
>> Nope.  Think of it as a tip of gratitude, not as an hourly wage for
>> your efforts.
>>
>> Can I just write Hello World and get money for it?
>>
>> Nope, not unless it said hello to a different world via the tachyon
>> telephone device.  There is no minimum specification, but the software
>> has to do something new for Plan 9, not just solve an Euler problem or
>> something.
>>
>> "Loonie Revolution" - is this just a troll?
>>
>> Nope.  The new lunar-powered revolution of peace and love to bring the
>> fantasy of a better world into our shared reality has been declared.
>> The fiction binds are forming and the harmonic time resonance is
>> vibrating in helical patterns.
>>
>> Ben Kidwell
>> Loonie

* Re: [9fans] CODE AS THOU WILT summer sponsored by the Loonie Revolution
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-05-02 16:11 ` Scott Elcomb
From: Scott Elcomb @ 2013-05-02 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM, mycroftiv 9gridchan
<mycroftiv@sphericalharmony.com> wrote:
> The Loonie Revolution is proud to announce and sponsor:
>
> CODE AS THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW summer

Is this statement available on a web page somewhere?  Might be worth
sharing on social sites. ;-)

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more

  Atomic OS: Self Contained Microsystems
  http://code.google.com/p/atomos/

  Member of the Pirate Party of Canada
  http://www.pirateparty.ca/

* Re: [9fans] CODE AS THOU WILT summer sponsored by the Loonie Revolution
@ 2013-05-02 17:29   ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2013-05-02 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 12:11:26PM -0400, Scott Elcomb wrote:
> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM, mycroftiv 9gridchan
> <mycroftiv@sphericalharmony.com> wrote:
> > The Loonie Revolution is proud to announce and sponsor:
> >
> > CODE AS THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW summer
>
> Is this statement available on a web page somewhere?  Might be worth
> sharing on social sites. ;-)

Gross.

http://9fans.net/archive/2013/05/38