* [9fans] Question re source trees
@ 2016-09-29  7:15 James A. Robinson
From: James A. Robinson @ 2016-09-29  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi folks,

I notice that http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/download/plan9.iso.bz2
is from 2015-01-10, whereas Richard Miller's
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/miller/9pi.img.gz

was built on 2016-05-30.  I was wondering whether the changes made
by Mr. Miller for supporting the Raspberry Pi were getting folded
back into a source tree available via means other than those with
an active plan9 system (I see references to  /n/sources/contrib/miller
which I assume is a 9fs mount).

I was specifically curious because I wanted to poke around to get
sense of what kind of support is available for the Raspberry Pi 3
vs. the Raspberry Pi 2.  There were some early emails indicating
a few small changes Mr. Miller needed to make for booting the
system, but I couldn't find anything discussing whether other
hardware was supported (e.g., the built-in wifi on the Pi 3).

Jim

* Re: [9fans] Question re source trees
@ 2016-10-31 10:23 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2016-10-31 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> > I am interested.  Will it be part of your next pi release?
>>
>> Probably not for a while. I would have to write some man pages first.
>
> Is your contrib directory on sources the place this code will turn up
> when you release it?  Or is there another release mechanism I should be
> monitoring?

Sorry, I'm away from home at present.  I'll email you a copy of the
bluetooth source later this week.

The pi3 wifi driver will go into my contrib this week too.  I'm sorry
for the delay.