* [9fans] Partition problems
@ 2016-11-20 23:07 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2016-11-20 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I run a modified labs kernel with a few bits of 9atom to support my atom
Motherboard.

I have added an ssd to the mirrored disks in my plan9 server.
The initialisation of devfs fails without a helpful error message (something I will sort out)

However the source of the problem seems to be boot/parts.c which fails to instantiate the last partition on my disks. This causes devfs to give up rather than continuing to retry other partitions. My kernel then cannot find its venti partition and dies with a panic.

If I boot using a different partition structure I can bring up the machine, and see that this one partition is indeed missing.

If I run disk/prep on the disk and rewrite the partition table unchanged, the missing partition appears.

Anyone seen problems with the partition table generation code in boot/part.c?
If not I will keep digging but I thought it was worth asking.

-Steve