* [9fans] Postscript and troff
       [not found]   ` <CAJDwFdijDm7op4hKtLKBEcctJs_YHcVuF7oa+Abe+_L8vHvMvQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-05-02  3:44     ` Prof Brucee
From: Prof Brucee @ 2017-05-02  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Any advice on including postscript in a troff document?

brucee

* Re: [9fans] Postscript and troff
@ 2017-05-02  8:59       ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2017-05-02  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Is using \X what I'm looking for, with -Tpost (default)?

brucee

@ 2017-05-02  9:29         ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2017-05-02  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

If it's a diagram i would use the mpictures macros on plan9. if it is a group of pages, then i am at a loss, sorry.

http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/6/mpictures

-Steve

@ 2017-05-02  9:37           ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2017-05-02  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Specifically html.

brucee

@ 2017-05-05  5:23             ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2017-05-05  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I asked bwk - troff wizard, and to paraphrase him "there is no good
solution".

There is the PSPIC macro in groff, but it generates huge files.

For the latest book they used \X to embed markers and a go programs to
postprocess troff output.

brucee

@ 2017-05-05  5:28               ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2017-05-05  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

This is an opportunity for someone to implement troff macros in TeX.
Then you can embed EPS easily!

:-)

@ 2017-05-05  5:32                 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2017-05-05  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

bwk mentioned that TeX was unworkable for this situation. Maybe it's time
for another good TeX hack.

:-) brucee

@ 2017-05-05  5:41                   ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2017-05-05  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

https://bima.astro.umd.edu/nemo/man_html/tr2latex.l.html

No idea how good it is though.

@ 2017-05-05  5:53                     ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2017-05-05  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Via http://ftp.cs.stanford.edu/tex/texhax/texhax89.088
So only for -ms or -man.  bwk's way may be better for your purpose.

+----