* RE: [9fans] plan9 instalation CD
@ 2004-12-05 19:25 Gabriel Cosentino de Barros
From: Gabriel Cosentino de Barros @ 2004-12-05 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Cosentino de Barros, ''9fans@cse.psu.edu ' '

 OK, teste on some other machines. both CDs booted like vmWare did :(
so, it's my ide controler for sure. Is there any purpose in trying booting
with a floppy to see that the next stage in the boot will reconize it?

From: Dan Cross @ 2004-12-06  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ Cox, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Russ Cox <russcox@gmail.com> writes:

> what's your cd-rom connected as?  the install tries
>
> sdD0!dos!9pcflop.gz
>
> sdC is primary, sdD is secondary, 0 is master, 1 is slave.

I suspect this might be a problem with 9load.  I pulled, rebuilt my
kernel, and copied a new(er) version of 9load into my 9fat on my CPU
server this morning.  I had to get someone on the East Coast to copy
an older version of 9load into place to get it to come back.

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] plan9 instalation CD
@ 2004-12-06  0:11 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-12-06  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

what's your cd-rom connected as?  the install tries

sdD0!dos!9pcflop.gz

sdC is primary, sdD is secondary, 0 is master, 1 is slave.

russ

@ 2004-12-05 19:32 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-12-05 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Yes that seems to be the case since it only gives me floppy. But they're
> IDE0:0 and IDE:1:0. that is, each on one cable, but on the same controler
> (onboard KX133 chipset)
>
> the board i'm using: http://www.k7v.com/
>
> i'm off to test on other machines. Is there any documented way to install
> plan9 or inferno using only floppies or something like OpenBSD ftp install?
>

> Thanks

you can download a floppy from the plan9.bell-labs.com web site and do
a network install.  also try downloading a complete iso image from
that site and burning it anew.  i couldn't find out from your first
message whether you burned a brand new iso image.

andrey

* RE: [9fans] plan9 instalation CD
@ 2004-12-05 19:14 Gabriel Cosentino de Barros

@ 2004-12-05 18:48 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-12-05 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the loader (9load) can't seem to find both the hard drive and the
CDROM (IDE, right?).  are they on the same cable by any chance?

andrey

* [9fans] plan9 instalation CD
@ 2004-12-05 15:38 Gabriel Cosentino de Barros
From: Gabriel Cosentino de Barros @ 2004-12-05 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)