* [9fans] hang when booting from the orig boot floppy
@ 2000-08-14  8:50 Jason Gurtz
From: Jason Gurtz @ 2000-08-14  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It seems to detect everything OK:

mach64  (2MB)
3com elnk3

After root is from prompt I hit enter and it says

"kfs...boot: nop..."

and that's it, floppy continues to read for a bit, then stops.

Am i missing somthing?

any hints would be well appreciated

~Jason

* Re: [9fans] hang when booting from the orig boot floppy
@ 2000-08-17  1:41 Russ Cox
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-08-17  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Try removing the ether0= line.
What sort of Etherlink III is it?

Russ

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1697 bytes --]

From: Jason Gurtz <jason@ask.me.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] hang when booting from the orig boot floppy
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:50:19 GMT

@ 2000-08-17 22:54 presotto
From: presotto @ 2000-08-17 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I wonder it that means Plan 9 and Linux use different precompensation
values for the floppy.  I'll have to look into Linux since we just got
ours out of a floppy controller description.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2048 bytes --]

From: "Jason Gurtz" <jason@tommyk.com>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:36:04 -0400

turned out to be a fail(ing)(ed) floppy.  Linux had not reported any errors
and it cmp'ed fine.  After installing w/ a new floppy, bootsetup:floppy
reported i/o error trying to use orig. diskette.

~Jason