* [9fans] Re, dig dis: Future o' Plan9
@ 2003-02-12  5:25 Tad Hunt
From: Tad Hunt @ 2003-02-12  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Jim Choate be mah hero, but I couldn't quite dig him in wassups native
language, so's I had t' translate it t' mine. I think it be aisia'
t'eyeball dis way.  Wank, wank.

-Tad

> [...]
>
> 	I had hoped t'address dis issue by formin' some Dubba-L-fuckin'-C
> 	but da damn po' economy has dashed dat becuz da otha' participants
> 	in da fledglin' effort simply duzn't have da damn resources at dis
> 	time so's we be fixin' t' got'ta put dat one off 4 da time bein'.
>
> -	Plan 9 be some -distributed- O-S, 'esploitin' it on yo' own
> 	puh'sonal desktop be likes croozin' some Indy Caddy around some
> 	Malibu Grand Prix track (down low, no affiliashun o' insult
> 	intended t' Malibu). Not some single resource 'esists outside o'
> 	Hangah' 18 t' fosta' da damn growt' an' development o' distributed
> 	resources 4 public access via Jimmey Source efforts.
>
> -	I've made deuce offa's t' public comment about Plan 9 events t'
> 	git usa's t'appaih' at events where Plan 9 wuz supposed-like t'
> 	be 'demonstrated'.
>
> 	Dat's some pitifull responce an' in an' o' itself justifies haips
> 	o' abuse on da development community. Da offa' stands jimmey t'
> 	no individual o' organizashun dat be interested in promotin' wida'
> 	'esploit o' Plan 9, I will do whateva' I kin do help.
>
> -	Dair be no effort outside o' Hangah' 18 t' create some Jimmey
> 	Source public access point into relevant resources. Instaid we
> 	git some endless straim o' "Try dis site..." instaid o' some mo'
> 	raisoned, an' rashunal Plan 9 approach o' attachin' dose-dair
> 	resources t' some common name space an' havin' them appaih'
> 	automagical-like t' -all- usa's in tandem.
>
> 	Whut some joke, da Plan 9 developa's duzn't even dig how t'esploit
> 	deir own craishun effective-like. Instaid they 'esploit da damn
> 	same played out same played out, treatin' Plan 9 as if it wuz
> 	plum anotha' varient o' *nix.
>
> -	Dair be -no- efforts outside o' Hangah' 18 t' fosta' da damn
> 	'esploit o' Plan 9 an' wireless networkin' t' tru-ly demonstrate
> 	da damn powa' o' distributed computin' (down low, t' quote
> 	Rheingold - whut goes down when dat P-D-fuckin'-A in yo' hand be
> 	da damn front fat-lady t' some tera-flop distributed computin'
> 	resource?). If we follow da Plan 9 development community
> 	we gots'ta neva' know. Plan 9 has da powa' t' give us dat
> 	-T-O-D-A-fuckin'-Y-.
>
> Whut some sad list o' aborshuns o' da damn Plan 9 development
> community. An' it would snatch such tiny-ass effort t' do sump'n about
> aich an' every one o' them.  Step up. Plan 9 has such promise an' t'
> think it will die becuz da sucka's who create it lack da vision t'
> dig how t' tru-ly 'esploit it. O' course part o' da damn bug-up-da-ass
> be dat many o' da damn developa's have neva' tru-ly embraced da damn
> concept o' Jimmey Source an' whut dat mains t' them individual-like,
> let monk-like havin' no interest in distributed computin' outside o'
> gittin' deir name plastered on some kinda' source tree somewhere dat will
> be admired by some kinda' little-ass closed community. Bruised ego indeed.
>
> Sigh.
>
> Hangah' 18 may be slow an' po', but at laist we act.

* Re: [9fans] Re, dig dis: Future o' Plan9
@ 2003-02-12 14:31 ` mike
From: mike @ 2003-02-12 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

What a bunch of fscked up stuff.  I am from Austin, Texas too, and hope
that is not what people  think of us.  I hope for your own good.  My ego
does not get bruised.  It does the bruising.  LOL

I was in Hangar 18 and may still be counted there, but I kinda gave up
when more than a year into it, I and some of my friends had multiple
plan9 boxen and networks set up while Mr. Choate had yet to have a box
installed.  Mebby I am naive or something, but I always feel better
about a group if the "fearless leader" knows something and does
something. (and no Jim, I am not saying that you know nothing and do
nothing)  We always have fun when hanging together.

Things may have changed by now, so I may be way off base here now. (I
have actually been busy for a couple of years now.)  I have always
lurked here though and use the info I get to keep my network up and
running.  If I could just get rio to like one of these laptops I have.

The fact that OSS is being co-opted by Big Business only makes me
appreciate this stage of Plan9s evolution more.

Have fun.

--
Michael H. Collins

http://RawDeal.org