* [9fans] french keyboard
@ 2003-09-11  0:55 Julien
From: Julien @ 2003-09-11  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi ,

I am a very new Plan9 user and very impressed by its new ideas.
I am a french speaking user and so I use a french keyboard which is
actually quite difficult to use as plan9 is pre-configured for an us
keyboard.

After some research on the internet I did not find any way to configure
it. So if the french keyboard is not yet supported can you tell me where
I could find doc which explain how to hack plan9 to change this?

Thanks to all ,Julien

* Re: [9fans] french keyboard
@ 2003-09-11  2:03 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-09-11  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

set yourself up with a Plan 9 update account. after your accound has been
enabled (should be immediately) do:

	9fs sources

it will prompt you for the username and password you chose when signing up.

cd into /n/sources/ -- this is the where the source repository at Bell
Labs is mounted by 9fs. cd to nemo/sys/src/9/pc and you'll find files
that you can put in your /sys/src/9/pc/ to enable french keyboard mappings
(there are several others available there too). you'll need to recompile
the kernel.

after booting the new kernel you can switch between the keyboards you've
enabled by pressing the F1-F5 keys..

additional documentation could be found in the 9fans archive.

andrey

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Julien wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am a very new Plan9 user and very impressed by its new ideas.
> I am a french speaking user and so I use a french keyboard which is
> actually quite difficult to use as plan9 is pre-configured for an us
> keyboard.
>
> After some research on the internet I did not find any way to configure
> it. So if the french keyboard is not yet supported can you tell me where
> I could find doc which explain how to hack plan9 to change this?
>
> Thanks to all ,Julien

* [9fans] kbd mappings
@ 2003-09-11  7:07   ` Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2003-09-11  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It would be easier if we could include the kbd mappings in the
distribution.

Is there any objection to do so? If there's any that I could fix
I'd be happy to do so.

hth

* Re: [9fans] french keyboard
@ 2003-09-12 19:37   ` Julien
From: Julien @ 2003-09-12 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

andrey mirtchovski wrote:
> set yourself up with a Plan 9 update account. after your accound has been
> enabled (should be immediately) do:
>
> 	9fs sources
>
> it will prompt you for the username and password you chose when signing up.
>
> cd into /n/sources/ -- this is the where the source repository at Bell
> Labs is mounted by 9fs. cd to nemo/sys/src/9/pc and you'll find files
> that you can put in your /sys/src/9/pc/ to enable french keyboard mappings
> (there are several others available there too). you'll need to recompile
> the kernel.
>
> after booting the new kernel you can switch between the keyboards you've
> enabled by pressing the F1-F5 keys..
>
> additional documentation could be found in the 9fans archive.
>
> andrey

The only problem is that I connect the internet throught a wreless (
prism2 based ) card but it is an usb card which does not seem to be
supported.

Perhaps is it possible to download the sources from my linux box and
then copy them into plan9 ?

REM : Is there a way to mount plan9 partitions from linux or mount linux
partition from plan9 ?

Julien