* [9fans] rage 2 driver
@ 2002-06-28  8:52 bigbinc
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: bigbinc @ 2002-06-28  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am using ATI rage 2 driver and I got the install to work, but for
some reason the display is messed beyond usability.  In the upper
right side of the screen, there is a flickering white line.  When I
try to scroll the text over laps the existing text.  On the left side
of the screen it is completely black.  So basically I have what looks
like the plan9 gui, but it is messed up and unreadable.  The funny
thing is that the screen was perfect! when I did the install.  But
once I wanted to use the system every thing went to pieces?

Question 1, what is the best card for plan9?
Question 2, do you think it is my monitor which is generic
640x480(actually a hybrid mac monitor, dont ask)
Question 3, Why would the screen work for install mode from the floppy
but once I get to booting from the harddrive it doesnt work.

Berlin Brown
bigbinc@hotmail.com