* [9fans] new install, a couple questions
@ 2006-04-18 20:13 J Willard Gibbs
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: J Willard Gibbs @ 2006-04-18 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Seems to work great. Really neat.

1. How can I change the screen resolution for Rio? It's still at 640x480
from the
      install sequence.

2. I noticed some messages referring to utilities I don't have available.
Did I miss
      part of the install?
      % riostart
      riostart: '/bin/riostart' file does not exist
      % taskbar
      taskbar: '/bin/taskbar' file does not exist

3. For some reason I can't write to temp files which is causing problems:
      % sam
      sam: can't create temp file: '/tmp/Z342.gibbsam' permission denied
      % con -l /srv/fscons
      prompt: uname sys +gibbs
      uname: 'gibbs' already in group 'sys'
      % ls -lrt / | grep tmp
      d-r-xr-xr-x M  8 sys   sys   0 Mar 1 09:53 /tmp
      % cd /tmp
      % touch x
      touch: x: cannot create: 'x' permission denied

4. I manually created the directory structure at /usr/gibbs:
    /lib
    /bin
    /bin/rc
    /tmp
  However no change mods or analogous. Also I created the
/usr/gibbs/lib/profile as follows
    bind -a $home/bin/rc /bin
    bind -a $home/bin/$cputype /bin
    bind -c $home/tmp /tmp
    upas/fs
    switch($service) {
    case terminal
      plumber
      prompt=('term% ' '    ')
      exec rio -f $font
    case cpu
      bind /mnt/term/dev/cons /dev/cons
      bind /mnt/term/dev/consctl /dev/consctl
      bind -a /mnt/term/mnt/wsys /dev
      prompt=('cpu% ' '    ')
      news
    case con
      prompt=('cpu% ' '    ')
      news
    }

   Although, I don't have a good idea what's in mind there. Therefore I
suspect
       I missed some important steps.

Gibbs