* Re[2]: [9fans] Re: Keyboard mapping
@ 2001-04-06 10:20 steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2001-04-06 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

On the serious note of copeing with RSI: Raising
my monitor and chair by 6 inches, and finding a mouse
with buttons that require only a light pressure but
then move a significant amount helped me a great deal.

-Steve

[snip]
 the acme-style mouse chording...

what concerns me about the chord interface is that the stress issue
is overlooked. i avoid chord-related RSI by carefully avoiding too much
chording on wily. that slows me down, but avoids a much worse situation.
[i gave up emacs years ago because of left-hand control-stress.]

i also wanted to say earlier that sam is fine the way it is. its
popup menu is nearly as fast as chords, and does not appear to
induce stress.

[snip]

* Re: Re[2]: [9fans] Re: Keyboard mapping
@ 2001-08-27 11:24     ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-08-27 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> windows? you mean Outlook Express

i do.

> Other mail clients *are* available

there are.

> I use TheBat http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/

i am am sick of installing s/w on this pile of pus.

you are in a twisty maze of incompatible, unworkable s/w, all alike.

* Re[2]: [9fans] Re: Keyboard mapping
@ 2001-08-27 11:18   ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2001-08-27 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Boyd Roberts

>> sigh, damned Reply-To: headers.  that was meant for boyd only,
>> obviously.

BR> this is probably an object lesson in bad user interface design.

BR> windows hides all those headers that _i_ want to see.
<snip>
BR> windows also has two reply modes, when it only needs one.

windows? you mean Outlook Express
Other mail clients *are* available

I use TheBat http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/

packed with features some of which you may like
(regex filtering for instance)

Matt (damn there's two of us now)