* [9fans] smtpd in modern times.
@ 2016-02-07 23:26 Steve Simon
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Steve Simon @ 2016-02-07 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have been running my a smtp server on plan9 for about
10 years but  I beleive I am having more and more incomming
mail bounce because of plan9's lack of support for tls 1.2.

What is anyone else doing about this?

	stop ovvering ESMTP in smptd?

	Using a 3rd party smtpd supplier (google?)

	Does 9front support tls1.2 now?

	use facebook instead of email (joke).

	Other...

-Steve (hoping replies don't bounce)

* Re: [9fans] smtpd in modern times.
@ 2016-02-07 23:34 ` Jack Johnson
From: Jack Johnson @ 2016-02-07 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm not running one (at the moment), but I think there's an stunnel port
for Plan 9, and that could be an easy way to duct tape TLS support onto
your existing setup.

-Jack

@ 2016-02-07 23:44   ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2016-02-07 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

9front supports tls1.2. however, on the server side, only
RSA cipher suits can be used the moment. DHE or ECDHE
handshakes are not implemented on the server side.

--
cinap

* Re: [9fans] smtpd in modern times.
@ 2016-02-08  0:35 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2016-02-08  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm not having that issue without tls 1.2 support on my mail server.

- erik

@ 2016-02-08 13:21 ` Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2016-02-08 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

What leads you to believe this is so? I run smtpd from Erik's upas, and haven't noticed any problems related to this.